Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 11:06:15 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community
| | |-+  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: Grad Students are the Worst, The Mikado, Badger)
| | | |-+  Make a map of the above four posters as two tickets
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Make a map of the above four posters as two tickets  (Read 6459 times)
Black Goo
solarstorm2012
View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2012, 05:27:03 pm »
Ignore

Goldwater Republican / AkSaber: 224

Senator Scott / Governor Townsend: 314

I think that's a very average ticket, so that run-of-the-mine map reflects today's political situation.

GM Napoleon
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2012, 10:07:09 am »
Ignore

Senator Scott/Governor Townsend- 387 EV and 53.8% PV

Senator Goldwater/Senator AkSaber- 151 EV and 45.9% PV

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.09

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2012, 12:11:02 pm »
Ignore

Governor Townsend (L-NV)/Representative AKSaber (L-AK) - 273 EVs
Senator Napoleon (D-CT)/Governor Scott (D-VA) - 265 EVs

i like girls but there is NOTHING better then a sexi hott dude
shua
YaBB God
Russian Federation

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: -4.52

P P P
View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2012, 12:27:35 pm »
Ignore

I was doing this before I saw 20RP12 post his, so, for your enjoyment:

The economic moderate Democratic ticket does well in the South due in part to Sen. Scott's cultural appeal. While some social conservatives abandon libertarian bisexual Republican Gov. AKSaber, others stick with him due to his pro-life stance and the contrast between the parties' VP candidates.

Sen. Scott (D-CT) / Fmr. Gov. Napoleon (D-NY) 395
Gov. AKSaber (R-AK) / Rep. solarstorm (R-NV) 143

and, a scenario with the same Democrats, with Republicans Gov. 20RP12 of Maine and Gov. AKSaber of AK as his VP pick.

416-122
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 09:12:31 pm by shua, gm »Logged

Yelnoc
YaBB God
United States
View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2012, 04:42:40 pm »
Ignore

Shua easily cruises through the Republican primary.  He selects freshmen governor 20RP12 as his running mate to provide some geographical balance to the ticket.  There is some talk that the libertarian-leaning ticket might turn off some of the traditional Republican base, but the right-wing media machine is a well-oiled beast and easily turns the narrative away from the Republican ticket and torwards the Democratic nominee.

Napoleon had a much tougher time making it through his primary, with the decision coming down to the delegate tally at the convention.  Throughout the campaign trail he endured unfound allegations and abuse from his opponents and the press, which slowly whittled down his statesmen like demeanor to the point where he would not hesitate to throw mud.  His image coming out of the convention was that of a rough, coarse, and dirty politician.  To shift the narrative away from himself Napoleon selected an unheard of congressman named Solarstorm, who unfortunately did nothing to distract the press from Napoleon.

By November the election was a foregone conclusion.  The Democratic ticket lost all of it's rust-belt base along with the non-Pacific western states which had been trending D.

Shua/20RP12 397
Napoleon/Solarstorm 141

Goodbye
morgieb
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2012, 06:51:21 pm »
Ignore

Two moderate Democrats plus two libertarian-ish Republicans makes this race very interesting - Democrats make inroads in the South, but Republicans pick up some moderate Northern states. But in the end Nappy/Yelnoc win easy.

President Napoleon/Senator Yelnoc - 361 EV's
Governor Shua/Governor 20RP12 - 177 EV's
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
YaBB God
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2012, 07:16:26 pm »
Ignore

Representative morgeib wins the Democratic Party primary, and selects ideologically hazy Mayor Yelnoc as his running mate, in order to appeal more to Southern voters and balance out the incredibly leftist ticket.

Senator shua once again wins the Republican primary, and once again selects 20RP12 as his running mate.

Unfortunately, America isn't quite ready for a president like morgeib:

Free Bradley Manning
後援会
koenkai
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2012, 07:28:06 pm »
Ignore

Senator FP somehow manages to win the Democratic Primary through a mix of awesome primary election shenanigans. Hoping to avoid the disaster that was Thomas Eagleton but also mantain the "choice, not an echo"-ness of his ticket, he picks experienced morgeib.

Shua picks Yelnoc as part of a unity ticket.

The results are rather predictable. Though FP is still capable of taking his home state.

The opinions and views expressed above are mine alone and do not represent the opinions or views of any other individual, organization, or government.
АverroŽs Nix
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2012, 01:17:29 pm »
Ignore

The Democratic nominee dies of a heroin overdose one week before the election. The next day, the party's VP nominee kills himself. Faced with a strong economy and a moderate opponent with high favorables, the party announces that they will not contest the election.

(74%) Governor Koenkai (R-NH) / Senator Yelnoc (I-GA) - 535 EVs
26% Representative FallenMorgan (I-CA) / Former Ambassador Morgieb (G-HI)

Dentures, for instance, is something Medicaid recipients could live without, Astorino suggested in the interview.

When asked how someone without dentures could eat, Astorino flippantly replied with a laugh, ďSoup is good.Ē
Jo March Bhaer
Oldiesfreak1854
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2012, 08:56:41 am »
Ignore

Shua (R-VA)-20RP12 (R-PA) : 286
Alfred F Jones (D-NY)-JulioMadrid (D-NV) : 252

Alfred, Senator from New York, comfortably wins the Democratic nomination for President capitalizing on liberal discontent with the direction of the party. Promising a 'new age for America' at the Democratic Conference in Seattle, Washington, the grassroots is extremely enthusiastic. In an attempt to push Hispanics away from the GOP and to aid the Democrats in the southwest, he picks popular Nevada Governor Julio. Virginia Governor, Shua, struggles to win the GOP nomination and is forced to move to the right to counter the insurgency from 20RP12. As a 'gift', Congressman 20RP12, is offered the vice-presidency slot on the ticket.  Senator Alfred and Governor Julio perform very well in the southwest, as expected, Colorado, New Mexico and Nevada all go red and Arizona is unexpectedly close. Nevertheless, Shua and 20RP12 storm the midwest. Wisconsin votes GOP for the first time since 1988, libertarian New Hampshire enthusiastically votes for the Republicans and Pennsylvania almost goes the GOP way. A 'bog-standard' Republican victory.

Close states

Arizona: 47.6%-52.0%
Ohio: 48.0%-50.9%
Pennsylvania: 47.6%-49.9%
New Hampshire: 48.8%-50.1%
Wisconsin: 48.5%-49.1%

That would be the first time Wisconsin voted for a Republican since 1984, not 1988.  Anyway, here's my map for the last four posters:

Free Palestine/SIA morgieb- 354
Koenkai/Averroes Nix- 184

Quote from: Dwight D. Eisenhower
There is nothing wrong with America that the faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure.

SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2012, 03:14:35 pm »
Ignore

Nix/Koenkai: 473
Oldiesfreak: 40
FallenMorgan: 25

The Democrats absolutely fall apart and somehow in some manner nominate FallenMorgan as their candidate; they are generally considered irrelevant in this election. Meanwhile, Gov. Nix (I-NY) chooses moderate Sen. Koenkai (R-NH) as his running mate (first Asian-American VP?), and attracts much of the Republican base. However, the Republicans (not wanting to lose ballot lines and such) nominate Representative Oldiesfreak (R-MI) to serve as a placeholder. Results are as expected.

And yeah, I know it's supposed to be the last 4 on 2, but Morgan doesn't really fit with any of the other options.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 04:06:33 pm by IDS Legislator SJoyceFla »Logged

Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2012, 03:27:09 pm »
Ignore

Independents Averroes Nix and SJoyceFla run on a centrist economic platform whilst the Republican Oldiesfreak1854/koenkai ticket runs on a platform that's slightly more appealing to working class voters.  As a result, part of the rust belt is won by the Republican ticket, but they are unable to pull out a win thanks to SJoyceFla's appeal to the South.

Governor Averroes Nix (I-NY)/Former Secretary of Defense SJoyceFla (I-FL) - 331 EVs
Representative Oldiesfreak1854 (R-MI)/Senator koenkai (R-NH) - 207 EVs
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 06:55:52 pm by Senator Scott »Logged
Spamage
spamage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -2.43

P P

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2012, 06:47:39 pm »
Ignore

Scott/ Averroes Nix - 270 Electoral Votes
Oldiesfreak/ Sjoycefla -268 Electoral Votes

Scott and Nix pound through the general election months while Nix and Oldiesfreak (on the same ticket) argue over whether or not Libertarianism or Conservatism would serve the party best at the time. Their bickering ,however,  begins to help them as many Libertarians stand with Sjoycefla and work to use all media to their advantage (similar to Ron Paul). In the end though they narrowly succumb to the United Democratic Party.
Jo March Bhaer
Oldiesfreak1854
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2012, 03:40:11 pm »
Ignore

Scott/ Averroes Nix - 270 Electoral Votes
Oldiesfreak/ Sjoycefla -268 Electoral Votes

Scott and Nix pound through the general election months while Nix and Oldiesfreak (on the same ticket) argue over whether or not Libertarianism or Conservatism would serve the party best at the time. Their bickering ,however,  begins to help them as many Libertarians stand with Sjoycefla and work to use all media to their advantage (similar to Ron Paul). In the end though they narrowly succumb to the United Democratic Party.

I'm confused.  You put Nix on the ticket with Scott and SJoyce on the ticket with me.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 07:52:39 pm by Oldiesfreak1854 »Logged

There is nothing wrong with America that the faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure.

Clinton1996
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2012, 05:26:05 pm »
Ignore

Scott-SJoyceFla Nix 268
Oldiesfreak-Spamage 272
Senator Scott wins the Democratic nomination against token opposition and chooses independent SJoyce as his running mate. They go up against Congressman Oldiesfreak of Michigan who defeats the more Governor Spamage of Oregon in the Rep. Primary as the more conservative candidate. Oldiefreak's strong support in the rust belt states of Michigan, Iowa, Indiana, Ohio, and Pennsylvania stings the Democratic ticket enough to lead the GOP to a narrow 272-268 electoral vote majority after a recount in the state of Iowa.

Jo March Bhaer
Oldiesfreak1854
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2012, 07:33:26 am »
Ignore

Scott-SJoyceFla Nix 268
Oldiesfreak-Spamage 272
Senator Scott wins the Democratic nomination against token opposition and chooses independent SJoyce as his running mate. They go up against Congressman Oldiesfreak of Michigan who defeats the more Governor Spamage of Oregon in the Rep. Primary as the more conservative candidate. Oldiefreak's strong support in the rust belt states of Michigan, Iowa, Indiana, Ohio, and Pennsylvania stings the Democratic ticket enough to lead the GOP to a narrow 272-268 electoral vote majority after a recount in the state of Iowa.

Shouldn't it be 270-268 or 272-266?  And why does everyone seem to think that I would do so well with working class voters?  I'm flattered, but can anyone explain it?

[SKIP]
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 03:42:45 pm by Oldiesfreak1854 »Logged

#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2012, 07:36:37 am »
Ignore

You're from Michigan. And if you're a pol from MI, there's a chance you tried to appeal to rust belt type voters, and that they're part of your base, so you'd do better with them than normal.

**SKIP**

Kitteh
drj101
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2012, 07:30:10 pm »
Ignore

Ooh, this one is interesting.

Senator Scott of CT wins the Democratic primary by uniting the moderate and liberal wings of the party. He picks moderate governor Clinton1996 of Virginia, and together they run on a very centrist economic platform while mostly ignoring social issues.

In the GOP, former gov Oldiesfreak1854 of Michigan defeats moderate senator Spamage from Oregon by appealing to more conservative voters. Fortunately, theere were no significant "true conservative" candidates in the race so Oldiesfreak1854 was able to position himself to the right of Spamage without moving very far to the right. Oldiesfreak picks Spamage as his running mate to unite the party and counter the Scott/Clinton ticket's moderate appeal.

The election is an interesting one, with the ideological gap between the candidates smaller than most in recent history.  Both candidates try to run on personal issues and their records in office, however neither of them have much of an advantage there either as Oldiesfreak was a successful governor and Scott is one of the most respected senators. Oldiesfreak's campaign attacks Scott on social issues fairly successfully, highlighting the one area where one of the candidates is out of step with the average American voter, but Scott's campaign counters by accusing Oldiesfreak of running a "negative" and "divisive" campaign based on social issues while his campaign is more positive and focused on economic issues that people care about more.

In the end, Oldiesfreak wins the popular vote by less than 1%, but Scott pulls out the narrowest possible electoral college victory, 270-268. Much of the difference is regional based on the home states of the candidates. The Scott/Clinton ticket does well in the Northeast and the Mid-Atlantic, while Oldiesfreak does well in the Rust Belt and the West. Both the Green party and the Constitution party do well, getting almost 2% of the vote each.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 07:33:16 pm by drj101 »Logged

This thread reminds me that I should be somewhere else having sex.

Why is the cat freak lady registered in the Pacific?
АverroŽs Nix
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2012, 06:33:37 pm »
Ignore

Since this is dead, I'm taking some liberties with this map's lineup. Whoever posts after me should just use whatever tickets are most fun for them to imagine.

Miles (D-LA)/ Clinton1996 (D-VA) - 277 EVs

Shua (R-VA) / Spamage (R-OR) - 261 EVs

Dentures, for instance, is something Medicaid recipients could live without, Astorino suggested in the interview.

When asked how someone without dentures could eat, Astorino flippantly replied with a laugh, ďSoup is good.Ē
SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2012, 06:44:32 pm »
Ignore

Cathcon (R-MI) / Oldiesfreak (R-VT) - 244 EVs
Nix (I-NY) / Scott (D-CT) - 294 EVs

Goldwater
Republitarian
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: -3.83

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2012, 07:01:53 pm »
Ignore

Cathcon (R-MI)/SJoyceFla (R-FL) - 289EVs
Scott (D-CT)/AverroŽs Nix (D-NY) - 249EVs

АverroŽs Nix
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 22, 2012, 07:18:44 pm »
Ignore

Goldwater, you've done it twice so I can't help but to ask: What is it about me and West Virginia?

*SKIP*
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 07:22:09 pm by AverroŽs Nix »Logged

Goldwater
Republitarian
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: -3.83

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 22, 2012, 07:24:11 pm »
Ignore

Goldwater, you've done it twice so I can't help asking: What is it about me and West Virginia?

*SKIP*

I was just under the impression that moderate Democrats did well there, so I assumed you would too. I'm not at all an excerpt about why states vote the way do, so I wouldn't be surprised if most of my maps have something incorrect about them. Tongue

Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 22, 2012, 07:36:10 pm »
Ignore

West Virginia historically favors populist Democrats, but hey, nothing a tad campaign message change can't fix. Wink
АverroŽs Nix
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2012, 08:06:30 pm »
Ignore

Goldwater, you've done it twice so I can't help asking: What is it about me and West Virginia?

*SKIP*

I was just under the impression that moderate Democrats did well there, so I assumed you would too. I'm not at all an excerpt about why states vote the way do, so I wouldn't be surprised if most of my maps have something incorrect about them. Tongue

I wasn't criticizing! Just interested in understanding how I'm perceived. Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout