Make a map of the above four posters as two tickets
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:21:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Make a map of the above four posters as two tickets
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Make a map of the above four posters as two tickets  (Read 20433 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2012, 12:27:35 PM »
« edited: August 17, 2012, 09:12:31 PM by shua, gm »

I was doing this before I saw 20RP12 post his, so, for your enjoyment:

The economic moderate Democratic ticket does well in the South due in part to Sen. Scott's cultural appeal. While some social conservatives abandon libertarian bisexual Republican Gov. AKSaber, others stick with him due to his pro-life stance and the contrast between the parties' VP candidates.

Sen. Scott (D-CT) / Fmr. Gov. Napoleon (D-NY) 395
Gov. AKSaber (R-AK) / Rep. solarstorm (R-NV) 143

and, a scenario with the same Democrats, with Republicans Gov. 20RP12 of Maine and Gov. AKSaber of AK as his VP pick.

416-122
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2012, 04:42:40 PM »

Shua easily cruises through the Republican primary.  He selects freshmen governor 20RP12 as his running mate to provide some geographical balance to the ticket.  There is some talk that the libertarian-leaning ticket might turn off some of the traditional Republican base, but the right-wing media machine is a well-oiled beast and easily turns the narrative away from the Republican ticket and torwards the Democratic nominee.

Napoleon had a much tougher time making it through his primary, with the decision coming down to the delegate tally at the convention.  Throughout the campaign trail he endured unfound allegations and abuse from his opponents and the press, which slowly whittled down his statesmen like demeanor to the point where he would not hesitate to throw mud.  His image coming out of the convention was that of a rough, coarse, and dirty politician.  To shift the narrative away from himself Napoleon selected an unheard of congressman named Solarstorm, who unfortunately did nothing to distract the press from Napoleon.

By November the election was a foregone conclusion.  The Democratic ticket lost all of it's rust-belt base along with the non-Pacific western states which had been trending D.

Shua/20RP12 397
Napoleon/Solarstorm 141
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2012, 06:51:21 PM »

Two moderate Democrats plus two libertarian-ish Republicans makes this race very interesting - Democrats make inroads in the South, but Republicans pick up some moderate Northern states. But in the end Nappy/Yelnoc win easy.

President Napoleon/Senator Yelnoc - 361 EV's
Governor Shua/Governor 20RP12 - 177 EV's
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2012, 07:16:26 PM »

Representative morgeib wins the Democratic Party primary, and selects ideologically hazy Mayor Yelnoc as his running mate, in order to appeal more to Southern voters and balance out the incredibly leftist ticket.

Senator shua once again wins the Republican primary, and once again selects 20RP12 as his running mate.

Unfortunately, America isn't quite ready for a president like morgeib:

後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2012, 07:28:06 PM »

Senator FP somehow manages to win the Democratic Primary through a mix of awesome primary election shenanigans. Hoping to avoid the disaster that was Thomas Eagleton but also mantain the "choice, not an echo"-ness of his ticket, he picks experienced morgeib.

Shua picks Yelnoc as part of a unity ticket.

The results are rather predictable. Though FP is still capable of taking his home state.

Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2012, 08:56:41 AM »

Shua (R-VA)-20RP12 (R-PA) : 286
Alfred F Jones (D-NY)-JulioMadrid (D-NV) : 252

Alfred, Senator from New York, comfortably wins the Democratic nomination for President capitalizing on liberal discontent with the direction of the party. Promising a 'new age for America' at the Democratic Conference in Seattle, Washington, the grassroots is extremely enthusiastic. In an attempt to push Hispanics away from the GOP and to aid the Democrats in the southwest, he picks popular Nevada Governor Julio. Virginia Governor, Shua, struggles to win the GOP nomination and is forced to move to the right to counter the insurgency from 20RP12. As a 'gift', Congressman 20RP12, is offered the vice-presidency slot on the ticket.  Senator Alfred and Governor Julio perform very well in the southwest, as expected, Colorado, New Mexico and Nevada all go red and Arizona is unexpectedly close. Nevertheless, Shua and 20RP12 storm the midwest. Wisconsin votes GOP for the first time since 1988, libertarian New Hampshire enthusiastically votes for the Republicans and Pennsylvania almost goes the GOP way. A 'bog-standard' Republican victory.

Close states

Arizona: 47.6%-52.0%
Ohio: 48.0%-50.9%
Pennsylvania: 47.6%-49.9%
New Hampshire: 48.8%-50.1%
Wisconsin: 48.5%-49.1%

That would be the first time Wisconsin voted for a Republican since 1984, not 1988.  Anyway, here's my map for the last four posters:

Free Palestine/SIA morgieb- 354
Koenkai/Averroes Nix- 184
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2012, 03:14:35 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2012, 04:06:33 PM by IDS Legislator SJoyceFla »

Nix/Koenkai: 473
Oldiesfreak: 40
FallenMorgan: 25

The Democrats absolutely fall apart and somehow in some manner nominate FallenMorgan as their candidate; they are generally considered irrelevant in this election. Meanwhile, Gov. Nix (I-NY) chooses moderate Sen. Koenkai (R-NH) as his running mate (first Asian-American VP?), and attracts much of the Republican base. However, the Republicans (not wanting to lose ballot lines and such) nominate Representative Oldiesfreak (R-MI) to serve as a placeholder. Results are as expected.

And yeah, I know it's supposed to be the last 4 on 2, but Morgan doesn't really fit with any of the other options.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2012, 03:27:09 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2012, 06:55:52 PM by Senator Scott »

Independents Averroes Nix and SJoyceFla run on a centrist economic platform whilst the Republican Oldiesfreak1854/koenkai ticket runs on a platform that's slightly more appealing to working class voters.  As a result, part of the rust belt is won by the Republican ticket, but they are unable to pull out a win thanks to SJoyceFla's appeal to the South.

Governor Averroes Nix (I-NY)/Former Secretary of Defense SJoyceFla (I-FL) - 331 EVs
Representative Oldiesfreak1854 (R-MI)/Senator koenkai (R-NH) - 207 EVs
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2012, 06:47:39 PM »

Scott/ Averroes Nix - 270 Electoral Votes
Oldiesfreak/ Sjoycefla -268 Electoral Votes

Scott and Nix pound through the general election months while Nix and Oldiesfreak (on the same ticket) argue over whether or not Libertarianism or Conservatism would serve the party best at the time. Their bickering ,however,  begins to help them as many Libertarians stand with Sjoycefla and work to use all media to their advantage (similar to Ron Paul). In the end though they narrowly succumb to the United Democratic Party.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2012, 03:40:11 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2012, 07:52:39 PM by Oldiesfreak1854 »

Scott/ Averroes Nix - 270 Electoral Votes
Oldiesfreak/ Sjoycefla -268 Electoral Votes

Scott and Nix pound through the general election months while Nix and Oldiesfreak (on the same ticket) argue over whether or not Libertarianism or Conservatism would serve the party best at the time. Their bickering ,however,  begins to help them as many Libertarians stand with Sjoycefla and work to use all media to their advantage (similar to Ron Paul). In the end though they narrowly succumb to the United Democratic Party.

I'm confused.  You put Nix on the ticket with Scott and SJoyce on the ticket with me.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2012, 05:26:05 PM »

Scott-SJoyceFla Nix 268
Oldiesfreak-Spamage 272
Senator Scott wins the Democratic nomination against token opposition and chooses independent SJoyce as his running mate. They go up against Congressman Oldiesfreak of Michigan who defeats the more Governor Spamage of Oregon in the Rep. Primary as the more conservative candidate. Oldiefreak's strong support in the rust belt states of Michigan, Iowa, Indiana, Ohio, and Pennsylvania stings the Democratic ticket enough to lead the GOP to a narrow 272-268 electoral vote majority after a recount in the state of Iowa.

Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2012, 07:33:26 AM »
« Edited: October 01, 2012, 03:42:45 PM by Oldiesfreak1854 »

Scott-SJoyceFla Nix 268
Oldiesfreak-Spamage 272
Senator Scott wins the Democratic nomination against token opposition and chooses independent SJoyce as his running mate. They go up against Congressman Oldiesfreak of Michigan who defeats the more Governor Spamage of Oregon in the Rep. Primary as the more conservative candidate. Oldiefreak's strong support in the rust belt states of Michigan, Iowa, Indiana, Ohio, and Pennsylvania stings the Democratic ticket enough to lead the GOP to a narrow 272-268 electoral vote majority after a recount in the state of Iowa.

Shouldn't it be 270-268 or 272-266?  And why does everyone seem to think that I would do so well with working class voters?  I'm flattered, but can anyone explain it?

[SKIP]
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2012, 07:36:37 AM »

You're from Michigan. And if you're a pol from MI, there's a chance you tried to appeal to rust belt type voters, and that they're part of your base, so you'd do better with them than normal.

**SKIP**
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2012, 07:30:10 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2012, 07:33:16 PM by drj101 »

Ooh, this one is interesting.

Senator Scott of CT wins the Democratic primary by uniting the moderate and liberal wings of the party. He picks moderate governor Clinton1996 of Virginia, and together they run on a very centrist economic platform while mostly ignoring social issues.

In the GOP, former gov Oldiesfreak1854 of Michigan defeats moderate senator Spamage from Oregon by appealing to more conservative voters. Fortunately, theere were no significant "true conservative" candidates in the race so Oldiesfreak1854 was able to position himself to the right of Spamage without moving very far to the right. Oldiesfreak picks Spamage as his running mate to unite the party and counter the Scott/Clinton ticket's moderate appeal.

The election is an interesting one, with the ideological gap between the candidates smaller than most in recent history.  Both candidates try to run on personal issues and their records in office, however neither of them have much of an advantage there either as Oldiesfreak was a successful governor and Scott is one of the most respected senators. Oldiesfreak's campaign attacks Scott on social issues fairly successfully, highlighting the one area where one of the candidates is out of step with the average American voter, but Scott's campaign counters by accusing Oldiesfreak of running a "negative" and "divisive" campaign based on social issues while his campaign is more positive and focused on economic issues that people care about more.

In the end, Oldiesfreak wins the popular vote by less than 1%, but Scott pulls out the narrowest possible electoral college victory, 270-268. Much of the difference is regional based on the home states of the candidates. The Scott/Clinton ticket does well in the Northeast and the Mid-Atlantic, while Oldiesfreak does well in the Rust Belt and the West. Both the Green party and the Constitution party do well, getting almost 2% of the vote each.

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2012, 06:44:32 PM »

Cathcon (R-MI) / Oldiesfreak (R-VT) - 244 EVs
Nix (I-NY) / Scott (D-CT) - 294 EVs
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2012, 07:01:53 PM »

Cathcon (R-MI)/SJoyceFla (R-FL) - 289EVs
Scott (D-CT)/Averroës Nix (D-NY) - 249EVs
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2012, 07:24:11 PM »

Goldwater, you've done it twice so I can't help asking: What is it about me and West Virginia?

*SKIP*

I was just under the impression that moderate Democrats did well there, so I assumed you would too. I'm not at all an excerpt about why states vote the way do, so I wouldn't be surprised if most of my maps have something incorrect about them. Tongue
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2012, 07:36:10 PM »

West Virginia historically favors populist Democrats, but hey, nothing a tad campaign message change can't fix. Wink
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2012, 12:52:37 AM »

Goldwater, you've done it twice so I can't help but to ask: What is it about me and West Virginia?

*SKIP*

I attributed it to Scott's love of country music. Tongue
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2012, 03:14:01 PM »

Goldwater, you've done it twice so I can't help but to ask: What is it about me and West Virginia?

*SKIP*

I attributed it to Scott's love of country music. Tongue

Scott picks up Tennessee, not West Virginia. Tongue
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2012, 11:58:25 PM »

Senator SJoyceFla (R-FL)/Senator Goldwater (R-WA)-272 EV, 50.1%
Governor Nix (D-NY)/Congressman Clinton1996 (D-VA)-266 EV, 49.9%

Close call. I think Sam would carry the traditional Republican states, while bringing in New Hampshire, Colorado, and Nevada. Nix would do well in traditional Democratic/leftist areas, but might not be able to build the coalition needed to win. Sam is like Jon Huntsman with Gary Johnsons views-he attracts independents. Nix would also attract independents, but not to the degree Sam does due to his slightly less mainstream views of left-libertarianism.

Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2012, 12:18:12 AM »

Napolean/Nix - 52%, 300
SjoyceFla/Sanchez - 47%, 238

The Republican ticket doesn't have the social conservative streak that really drives a lot of GOP votes in middle America. 
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2012, 01:34:31 PM »

Napoleon/AWallTEP 51%
SjoyceFla/Sanchez - 48%
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2012, 10:48:42 PM »

Let's reinstate the 'above 4 posters rule' since this thread seems to be back? The point was to get wacky combinations, after all.

Skip me, of course.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2012, 12:06:47 AM »

HockeyDude (D-NJ)/Snowball (D-NY) - 295 EVs
SJoyceFla (R-FL)/Sanchez (R-GA) - 243 EVs
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8