Opinion of the Australian system for electing party leaders (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:12:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the Australian system for electing party leaders (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Huh
Freedom System

Horrible System

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 15

Author Topic: Opinion of the Australian system for electing party leaders  (Read 1117 times)
BlueDog Bumble
Rookie
Canada

« on: July 06, 2012, 09:20:39 AM »

I've noticed from my cursory knowledge of Australian politics that most Australian party leaders seem to fall in leadership challenges, whereas this virtually never happens in Canadian politics (the only case I can think of where this happened was when Stockwell Day defeated Preston Manning for the leadership of the CA).
BlueDog Bumble
Rookie
Canada

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 09:31:39 AM »

I've noticed from my cursory knowledge of Australian politics that most Australian party leaders seem to fall in leadership challenges, whereas this virtually never happens in Canadian politics (the only case I can think of where this happened was when Stockwell Day defeated Preston Manning for the leadership of the CA).

PC 1983? Alliance 2002?

Ah yes I remember the Alliance in '02. But it's not really the same in 1983, as Clark himself called the election, rather being forced into one like say in Britain in 1990 with Thatcher.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies