SENATE BILL: The Less Than HONORable Service Preclu...Benefits Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:05:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: The Less Than HONORable Service Preclu...Benefits Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: The Less Than HONORable Service Preclu...Benefits Act (Law'd)  (Read 4580 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« on: July 15, 2012, 09:29:37 PM »

Can we halt the vote?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 12:55:42 PM »

I appreciate Redalgo's concerns... as far as I am aware to still be the case- those discharged under OTH conditions have an appeal along the lines of a court martial and this is after extensive coordination high up the chain of command

As for the procedure- I appreciate you continuing this bill on the floor in my absence NC Yankee and would like to see if my statement above addressed Redalgo's concerns. If so- perhaps we can continue with the vote ongoing

Also- AYE
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 02:03:05 PM »

I understand your point Redalgo but can't help but think we are coming here from different planets... you use the words "failed to measure up to the military's scrupulous standards" as though the military ought to lower its standards or make them more flexible. The reality is- the military has rules and procedures that must be followed to the letter or the military does not function. Do I agree with every OTH discharge- hell no!!! Take the Tea Party Marine who made a FaceBook page criticizing Obama. He got himself an OTH discharge and my bill would preclude him from VA benefits. I agree with him politically and believe the standard was harsh- but he broke the Uniform Code of Military Justice and went thru the tried system of military justice

I'd be more then willing to discuss legislation to amend the UCMJ...there are certain behaviors I agree do not warrant severe punitive action. Butas it stands- the law governing the military is clear and I believe benefits should be limited to those who serve without crossing well-identified lines. I believe in allowing certain leeway which is why those who received general discharges are still permitted to receive benefits
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 01:40:50 PM »

I am disappointed with the Presiden'ts veto, but I believe his amended version is still an improvement over current policy- therefore I accept it as friendly
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 08:51:57 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies