Romney's being "out of touch" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:56:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney's being "out of touch" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney's being "out of touch"  (Read 1768 times)
BlueDog Bumble
Rookie
Canada

« on: July 06, 2012, 07:03:51 AM »
« edited: July 06, 2012, 11:15:00 AM by BlueDog Bumble »

If Romney is out of touch, then Obama definitely is. Remember, 'the private sector is doing fine'.

It's pretty much impossible to compare President Obama's upbringing to Mitt Romney's without being intentionally obtuse. And there's also that small, insignificant detail that President Obama is black..

Although Obama is indeed from a far plainer background than Romney, I would hardly call his upbringing a struggle. His family was modestly well to do, so differences between Obama's and Romney's opportunities pale into insignificance.

Also one point, whereas Romney worked in the Private Sector for 25 years, and proved a highly competent and effective businessman, as well as serving a key role in his Church, and being elected Governor of a State, Obama's resume includes 3 years as a community organiser, and a short period spent as a lecturer, followed by 8 years as a state senator, where he accomplished little, and 4 years as a US Senator, in which he spent most of his time campaigning for President.

The fact is, I would say Romney has probably worked harder and accomplished more in his lifetime than Obama. Finally, I would also add that Romney does care about the less well off, but doesn't wear it on his sleave.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies