Opinion of Contemporary Christian Music (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:17:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Opinion of Contemporary Christian Music (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you believe that contemporary Christian music is wrong?
Yes

No, but I prefer traditional hymns.

No; I prefer contemporary hymns.

Don't Know/Maybe

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: Opinion of Contemporary Christian Music  (Read 3615 times)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« on: July 13, 2012, 01:28:31 PM »

I don't think there is any reason to pit CCM against traditional music. They're two very different things with rathern different purposes, I think. I don't think CCM belongs in church, but it instead exists as a spiritual supplement to church in your everyday outside life. Tradition hymns work so much better for actual church purposes.

I tend to listen to CCM on the radio whenever I'm in my car on the east side (the selection on the west side is awful Sad) partially because, although CCM tends to be as a whole musically temperate without too many highs or lows or particular innovation, it does not generally have nearly the general awfulness that much of the rest of the radio has. Pop stations are extremely repetitive and of very poor quality, I can't stand country music, and there aren't many stations with the type of secular music I enjoy (unfortunately some CCM stations are adopting songs with pop conventions more and more, eg songs with rapped verses and pop choruses by some guest singer). Air1 tends to be the station I listen to the most, but it can be hit and miss.

My personal music that I listen to on a regular basis is probably ~1/3 CCM. Some of my favorite bands are in the CCM genre, ranging from a bit harder bands like Skillet and Red to more mainstream CCM such as Matt Maher and Tenth Avenue North and Sanctus Real to slightly more experimental bands like Gungor and Rend Collective Experiment along with other random bands like Needtobreathe and relient k.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies