Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2014, 05:42:43 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  Public Office of the Napoleon-Nathan Administration
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Public Office of the Napoleon-Nathan Administration  (Read 1938 times)
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2012, 12:30:48 am »
Ignore

This thread is here for easy public access to information the administration deems appropriate. In the future, new features will be added. UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Cabinet nominees:
Secretary of Internal Affairs: Morgieb
Secretary of External Affairs: none
Secretary of Federal Elections: Homelycooking
Registrar General: Homelycooking
Attorney General: Afleitch
Moderator General: Gustaf
Ambassador: Cathcon

Game Moderator: Shua
Press Secretary: Alfred Jones
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 12:54:51 pm by President Napoleon »Logged

Please Senators, don't let the Russians, a folk of alcoholic homophobic, take Crimee
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 03:02:57 pm »
Ignore

What is the process for my assumption of the office of Ambassador (assuming I'm still lined up to do so)?

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 03:08:03 pm »
Ignore

You must go through confirmation hearings in accordance with the Diplomatic Mission Act.

F.L. 8-3: Diplomatic Mission Act

The President of Atlasia shall have power to negoitiate Treaties and establish diplomatic relations with other micronations or forums, but such Treaties and relations shall only have effect where ratified by the Senate.

The President may appoint Ambassadors to foreign nations to help facilitate relations between the said nation and the Republic of Atlasia. These said Ambassadors must be confirmed with the advice and consent of a majority of the Senate.

The Ambassadorship does not qualify as an Office under the Government of Atlasia.

The Presidential nominee for an Ambassadorship must be be voted for in the affirmative by a majority of the Senate in order to be confirmed.

The Ambassadors will report directly to the Secretary of State, who in turn will report directly to the President of Atlasia.

It shall be the job of the Bureau of Diplomatic Security (a sub-department within the Department of State) to protect Ambassdors in foreign nations. It shall be the job of the Marine Security Guard Battalion to guard and protect Atlasian Embassies in foreign nations.

Please Senators, don't let the Russians, a folk of alcoholic homophobic, take Crimee
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 03:11:33 pm »
Ignore

Thank you, Mr. President. Who shall submit my nomination?

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 03:31:00 pm »
Ignore

I have. Smiley

Final cabinet announcement:

For the SoIA position, I have chosen someone who is newer to the game, who I am hopeful can bring new life to the position. The Secretary of Internal Affairs has long been ill-definied and misunderstood, we intend to resolve this on a long term basis. I have selected Morgieb, who I understand to be fully capable of advocating for domestic reforms and working with the GM when needed.

Senator Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 03:45:53 pm »
Ignore

Didn't you say you'd announce the Chief of Staff last?

Alfred is the only acceptable option

Clinton they've discovered our lovechild Sad

Senator Meiji (D-NC)
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -8.96

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 04:16:23 pm »
Ignore

To which micronation and/or forum shall Cathcon be appointed ambassador to?

Senator Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 04:21:07 pm »
Ignore

Molossia.

Alfred is the only acceptable option

Clinton they've discovered our lovechild Sad

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 04:25:40 pm »
Ignore

None.

Senator Meiji (D-NC)
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 05:07:55 pm »
Ignore

None.

Then the Diplomatic Missions Act does not apply.

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 05:10:12 pm »
Ignore

None.

Nowhere in the act is the President required to specify.

Senator Meiji (D-NC)
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 05:18:36 pm »
Ignore

None.

Nowhere in the act is the President required to specify.

The President may appoint Ambassadors to foreign nations to help facilitate relations between the said nation and the Republic of Atlasia. These said Ambassadors must be confirmed with the advice and consent of a majority of the Senate.

Notice the bolded words. It says an Ambassador may be appointed to a specific nation, and there can be multiple Ambassadors, one per said nation. Also the use of the term "said" means you're going to have to say it.

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 05:27:59 pm »
Ignore

You are offering one interpretation, which I happen to disagree with.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2012, 06:41:27 pm »
Ignore

How about appointing Cathcon as "ambassador at-large"? That'd solve all problems.

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2012, 06:45:38 pm »
Ignore

How about appointing Cathcon as "ambassador at-large"? That'd solve all problems.

That's what I am trying to communicate; the law doesn't require specifying a particular nation and I would like to have Cathcon around just in case a situation arises. He can be of assistance in other ways in the meantime.

Senator Meiji (D-NC)
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2012, 08:03:03 pm »
Ignore

That's what I am trying to communicate; the law doesn't require specifying a particular nation and I would like to have Cathcon around just in case a situation arises. He can be of assistance in other ways in the meantime.

Your argument would have more credit if you weren't using a completely inapplicable act on appointing specific ambassadors to specific other forums as a pretense for overturning the Foreign Policy Reform Act of 2012.

FBF
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2012, 09:21:31 pm »
Ignore

Have fun.  Tongue
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 09:22:46 pm »
Ignore

Your argument would have more credit if you weren't using a completely inapplicable act on appointing specific ambassadors to specific other forums as a pretense for overturning the Foreign Policy Reform Act of 2012.

Why would I want to overturn my own creation, Sam?

Senator Meiji (D-NC)
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2012, 11:09:46 pm »
Ignore

Your own creation?

Sponsor: Ben

Mideast Assemblyman Ben
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2012, 11:11:00 pm »
Ignore

It was an idea that Napoleon came up with last year.  Ironically, I fought it tooth and nail when he originally supported it Tongue

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2012, 11:11:39 pm »
Ignore

This isn't the first time it has been proposed.

Mideast Assemblyman Ben
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2012, 11:22:09 pm »
Ignore

This isn't the first time it has been proposed.

I gave you full credit, Mr. President Smiley

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Senator Meiji (D-NC)
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2012, 12:03:36 am »
Ignore

In light of recent knowledge, I don't know, I'm not you, but you sure are trying to.

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2012, 06:02:47 pm »
Ignore

My administration will soon begin taking on a project to update the Wiki. Our statute and election pages are sorely out of date and as such will be corrected as far back as late 2011 so that Atlasians have access to the valuable resources our Wiki provides. Smiley There is a lot of work however so give us some time, or volunteer to help if you wish.

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2012, 02:25:26 am »
Ignore

Senator Sbane has introduced a bill we worked together on, with assistance from SoIA Morgieb and Senators Scott and Redalgo. The National University and General Education Reform Bill is a package of reforms to improve secondary and tertiary education with great long term benefits. Thank you Sbane. Smiley

With that, I would like to call for the establishment of a Senate committee to deal with internal affairs or domestic programs. Smiley This would be fun for future bills.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout