What other countries do you think Mitt Romney is popular in?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:18:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  What other countries do you think Mitt Romney is popular in?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What other countries do you think Mitt Romney is popular in?  (Read 5679 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2012, 01:14:55 PM »

I wonder why he's leading in Egypt? Was Mumbarak a left-winger? Oil industry? Lack of knowledge?

If I had to guess, and this is purely a guess, it is because they view Obama as an apostate Muslim.

But he isn't a Muslim, so this guess is farce.

Why should Egyptian have a more accurate view of Obama that U.S. Republicans?  I didn't say that Obama is one, just that some people think he is (or was).
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2012, 08:31:59 PM »

I wonder why he's leading in Egypt? Was Mumbarak a left-winger? Oil industry? Lack of knowledge?

If I had to guess, and this is purely a guess, it is because they view Obama as an apostate Muslim.

Why should Egyptian have a more accurate view of Obama that U.S. Republicans?  I didn't say that Obama is one, just that some people think he is (or was).

I know you weren't implying he was a Muslim, just trying to disprove it.

I wish people didn't think of him that way, he ISN'T.
WhyteRain
Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -2.78

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2012, 09:59:15 PM »

I know you weren't implying he was a Muslim, just trying to disprove it.

I wish people didn't think of him that way, he ISN'T.

I don't think of him that way, although I'm not sure his stated beliefs fit into any "mainstream" branch of Christianity.  (What does he mean by the relationship between his "personal salvation" and "our collective salvation" anyway?)

He has clearly embraced the thinking of Critical Race Theorists like Prof. Derrick Bell and Black Liberation Theologians like Rev. Jeremiah Wright.  These embraces deserve far wider inquiry than has thus far been attempted.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies