Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 06:38:36 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  50th Senate PPT declaration thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 50th Senate PPT declaration thread  (Read 478 times)
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2012, 12:40:31 pm »
Ignore

You know the drill.
Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 12:44:10 pm »
Ignore

I guess I'll go again.

Why the  do I do this to myself? Oh yeah, I remember now. It's for the pain

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 05:26:39 am »
Ignore

I guess I'll go again.

Why the  do I do this to myself? Oh yeah, I remember now. It's for the pain

You're a truly disturbing individual, Yankee, but I guess that why we love you Tongue
Sheriff Buford TX Justice
AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 07:21:04 am »
Ignore

I fully support Yankee for PPT again

My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat. 
Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 07:35:38 am »
Ignore

I fully support Yankee for PPT again

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Redalgo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 09:48:21 am »
Ignore

Ya, so long as he's willing to go another round at it. I don't want to see him get burnt out from too many months at this at a stretch but so far there have not been any other people wanting to step up to the plate, I presume? Yankee is a great PPT though - and I'd feel no hesitation in supporting him for this role.

"I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to see realized." ~ Nelson Mandela
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 10:48:20 am »
Ignore

Being PPT is no longer Yankee's profession: it's his way of life.
Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 11:55:04 am »
Ignore

Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 11:24:23 pm »
Ignore

Time is up Kalwejt.

Section 1: Rules for Conducting the Election of the PPT
1. The President Pro Tempore (PPT) shall be elected by a majority of the Senate in an internal vote of the Senate conducted by the President of the Senate. This vote shall be conducted by preferential vote and the candidate who receives the greatest number of preferential votes shall be elected PPT. If there is tie, the tie-breaking vote shall be cast by the President of the Senate.

2. Following the swearing in of the new Senate at the beginning of each Session, the President of the Senate shall open a thread in the Fantasy Government board for Senators to announce their candidacy for the position of PPT. This thread shall be further known in this document as the PPT Candidacy Declaration Thread and shall be open for forty-eight (48) hours for Senators to declare their candidacy for the position.
3. After forty-eight (48) hours, the PPT Candidacy Declaration Thread shall be closed and a vote on the election of the new PPT shall be opened in a new thread by the President of the Senate. This vote shall last for a maximum of five (5) days during which time the Senators must vote. Any and all Senators who do not vote will be considered to have abstained.

4. If needed, an injunction may be brought by a Senator to keep voting on the election of the new PPT open for another forty-eight (48) hours after which time the voting shall close. This injunction must be seconded by another Senator.

5. Until a candidate for the PPT position has garnered enough preferential votes to achieve a majority, no Senator shall be prohibited from changing his or her vote. Once a candidate for the PPT position has garnered enough preferential votes to achieve a majority, all Senators who have voted will be prohibited from changing their votes.

6. PPT elections do not count towards the restrictions laid out towards in Article 3, Section 2, Clause 2 in limiting the amount of legislation on the Senate floor at one time.

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout