Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 09:33:02 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  The White House- Napoleon/Nathan Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Print
Author Topic: The White House- Napoleon/Nathan Administration  (Read 7522 times)
Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2012, 12:33:30 am »
Ignore

Mr. President,

The Worker Co-operative Pilot Program has passed the Senate and is presented for your signature or veto.

Regards;
Senator NC Yankee,
Senate President Pro-Tempore.

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2012, 01:25:21 pm »
Ignore

I sign the Jobs Now Act of 2012.

To promote and incentivize job growth in the Republic of Atlasia.

Be it enacted by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia assembled.

SECTION 1. TITLE

This act may be cited as the ‘Jobs Now Act of 2012.’

SECTION 2. HIRING INCENTIVES ACT RENEWAL

1.) The effects of the Hiring Incentives Act are hereby renewed for one year after passage of this legislation.

SECTION 3. VOLUNTARY WORK HOUR AND PAY CUT COMPENSATION

1.) Employers of businesses with 20 employees or more that have lost 17% of net income during the past year and have not been found to be involved in illegal activity will be allowed to give each worker the option of cutting their work hours by 10%, or their salaries by 10%.

2.) Companies must have declines in net income resulting from overall declines in sales and business during the reporting periods in question. Declines in Net Income resulting from one time financial transactions, or or otherwise not resulting from a decline in sales and business shall not be eligible for this program. The Department of the Interior shall be charged with enforcing and policing new applicants and auditing those within program to ensure compliance with the program's standards and requirements.

3.) Employees who take either option will be subsidized 60% of lost income.

4.) This section shall be in effect for one year after passage.

SECTION 4. WHITE ROOFTOP INCENTIVES FOR PUBLIC AND PRIVATELY OWNED BUILDINGS

1.) All local, state, and regional administrative officials will be subsidized 25% for the hiring of construction workers to paint black rooftops of government buildings the color white.

2.) All individuals, households, and business owners will be subsidized 25% for the hiring of construction workers to paint black rooftops of houses and businesses white.

SECTION 5. REGIONAL PUBLIC BANKING SYSTEM

1.) All regions of the Republic of Atlasia are bestowed the option of creating individual public banks, the creation of which will be subsidized 35% per region by the federal government.

2.) Regional banks will be delegated with the duties
    To assist local banks with capital and liquidity requirements
    To provide loans & loan guarantees
    To provide assistance to borrowers in areas of job retention
    To provide assistance to borrowers in technology creation
    To provide assistance to small businesses and businesses of retail, and
    To participate in community service projects

3.) All revenues collected by each region shall be deposited in their respective banks.

4.) Funds that are deposited in a regional bank shall not transmit services to other regions or countries unless funds are prescribed to via a budget item of the region in control of the bank.

5.) 35% of a bank's earnings will be remitted to the region's Treasury.  If a treasury is not in place, the region will be responsible for establishing one.

6.) A regional bank will be responsible for keeping a record of all transactions and writing summaries which shall convey expectation and outlook of growth and inflation over each upcoming year.  The region's Treasury will be designated with the responsibility of annually checking the bank for organization of these records and efficiency in management.

7.) No individual, co-partnership, or corporation shall be permitted to subscribe for or to hold at any time more than $25,000 par value of stock in a regional bank.

SECTION 6. EMPLOYMENT DISCRIMINATION FORBIDDANCE

Section 2, subsection 4 of the Worker's Bill of Rights Act is hereby amended:

4. There shall be no discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, political affiliation, religious affiliation, marital status, veterans' status, or employment status in membership to unions or employment, except where a government-issued waiver is granted for special circumstances, including, but not limited to: political organizations or work requiring certain attributes or skills.

I sign the Worker Co-operative Pilot Program Act.

Purpose: Co- operative support and job creation
Section 1. Title
Worker Co-operative Pilot Program
Section 2. Descripton
This bill will start a pilot program that will focus on supporting worker co-operatives across the country.
Section 3. Funding
Funding: 1 Billion per year will be appropriated, 95% will be used to give favorable loan rates to co-operatives, and 5% on research and administration.
Section 4. Standards for Qualification
1. In order to qualify for the above mentioned program, the organization must be structured in a way that it is owned and/or run by the employees of the organization.
2. The organization must also be organized according to the ten basic cooperative principles
3. The Department of Internal Affairs will oversee the program and ensure that the above criteria are followed by all applicants considered.
4. The $.95 billion will be used to cover the difference in interest loan that would be typically at 6-7%, the loans under this program cannot be given at more than 5% annual interest.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 11:43:47 pm by President Napoleon »Logged

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2012, 11:06:38 pm »
Ignore

Mr. President,

The End to the Zombie Apocalypse Act has passed the Senate and is presented for your signature or veto.

Regards;
Senator NC Yankee,

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2012, 11:48:53 pm »
Ignore

I sign,

End to the Zombie Apocalypse Act

1. The Anti-Zombie Act of 2009 is hereby repealed.

2. The Federal Activity Requirements Act is hereby repealed.

3. Section 14, Clause 1 of the Consolidated Electoral System Reform Act is hereby amended to read the following:
All those persons who have posted at least 10 times in the 8 weeks (56 days) prior to the commencement of an election shall be defined as active for the purposes of that election.

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2012, 12:48:31 am »
Ignore

Mr. President,

The following bills have passed the Senate and has been transmitted for your signature or veto:
The Contempt of Congress Act
National University and General Education Reform Bill

The Executive slot is now free to be filled at your request.

Regards;
Senator NC Yankee,

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2012, 07:27:00 pm »
Ignore

I sign,

National University and General Education Reform bill
Section One: National University System
1.  $1 Billion shall be appropriated per each region for the construction of a federally-operated university.
2.  $470 Million shall be appropriated per each region per year for the hiring of faculty, accommodating the local community and to pay for costs associated with running the university. Payment in subsequent years will be tied to the rate of growth or decrease in personal income.
3.   Each regional government shall submit a location of economic distress or decline that would benefit from the presence of a strong university campus to the Secretary of Internal Affairs, who can approve or deny the location.
4.  If the Secretary of Internal Affairs denies the location, the region can either nominate a new location or petition the Senate to overrule the Secretary, which can be done by a majority vote of the Senate.
5.   If a regional government does not offer a location, these funds will be offered to another region to choose a location.
6.   The addition of future campuses shall be made possible at the request of the Secretary of Internal Affairs and approved by majority vote of the Senate.

Section Two: Repeal of Tuition Tax
1.   The tuition tax established in Section 6 of the ‘Education Reform Act of 2007’ is hereby repealed.

Section Three: Additional Regulations and Reforms
1.   A 50% tax shall be placed on all revenue a college or university receives from tuition or fees.
2.   This tax shall be waived should a college or university’s student population have 5% or greater receiving federal student loan assistance.
3.   $4.5 billion shall be distributed among the regions by the Secretary of Internal Affairs for the purpose of adding more vocational and career training courses to local community colleges.

Section Four: Secondary School Reform and Assistance
1.   $1 billion shall be distributed among the regions by the Secretary of Internal Affairs for the purpose of adding more arts and culture courses to secondary schools.
2.   $1 billion shall be distributed among the regions by the Secretary of Internal Affairs for the purpose of adding more vocational and career training courses to secondary schools.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 07:33:02 pm by President Napoleon »Logged

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2012, 10:12:19 pm »
Ignore

Executive Order

In all future federal elections, the election administrator shall be required to post a sample ballot at least 24 hours in advance, to ensure the validity of the ballot and raise awareness for the upcoming election.

Senator JCL and the geologist
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2012, 10:55:40 pm »
Ignore

Article 1 Section 4 Clause 6 of the Atlasian Constuition would beg to differ with you.

Congressional Races
Jackie Walorski (R/IN-2)
Marlin Stutzman (R/IN-3)
Todd Rokita (R/IN-4)
Chard Reid (Lib/IN-5)
Luke Messer (R/IN-6)
Tom Massie (R/KY-4)
David Brat (R/VA-7)
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2012, 10:56:42 pm »
Ignore

Article 1 Section 4 Clause 6 of the Atlasian Constuition would beg to differ with you.

lol, k

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2012, 11:14:52 pm »
Ignore

If it's of any concern to you, I've issued a short opinion on the legality of your actions in the DoFE, through my capacity as a member of the Supreme Court Bar and a former AG.  Of course, you knew this was legal to begin with, so it hardly matters.  Wink

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2012, 01:35:43 am »
Ignore

Mr. President,

The Authorization for Use of Military Force Against the 2012 Presidential Elections Board has passed the Senate and awaits your signature or veto.

Regards;
Senator NC Yankee,

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2012, 08:38:30 pm »
Ignore

Executive Order

I appoint Dr. Cynic as Secretary of External Affairs.

Senator Cynic
Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2012, 08:44:14 pm »
Ignore

Thank you, Mr. President. I hope I can do a good job.

Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2012, 08:55:09 pm »
Ignore

Great choice! Cheesy
Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2012, 10:53:53 pm »
Ignore

Excellent choice!  Please head over to the NSC room, so that we can begin your interrogation questioning.

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2012, 11:47:33 pm »
Ignore

Mr. President,

The Atlasian Seal Act of 2012 has passed the Senate and is now presented for your signature or veto.

Regards;
Senator NC Yankee,

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2012, 02:18:53 am »
Ignore

I sign,
A BILL

To establish an official seal for the Republic of Atlasia

Be it enacted by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia assembled.

SECTION 1. TITLE

This legislation may be cited as the ‘Atlasian Seal Act of 2012.’

SECTION 2. CONTEST FOR NEW SEAL DESIGN

The people of Atlasia will have the opportunity to submit designs for a new seal until October 15th, 2012.  On October 15th, a poll shall open in the Atlas Fantasy Elections board for which submissions may be voted on by the public for a period of three days.  The poll will include a "none of the above" option.  If none of the poll options recieve a majority of the votes, the seal with the least number of votes will be dropped and a new poll will be created. This process will continue until a new seal is selected, or until a majority of voters decide that none of the seals are suitable.

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2012, 03:10:33 pm »
Ignore

Executive Order

Al Widdershins is given a full pardon for his involvement with terrorist group Reality or Nothing.

Pope Kalwejt I of Northeast
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2012, 03:41:18 pm »
Ignore

Greetings, President Napoleon,

It is my privledge to inform you that the Commonwealth of Midwest is no longer a part of your domain. You are hereby given forty eight ours to remove all your personel from our holy land.

Sincerely,
Kalwejt
Lord Protector

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2012, 12:20:12 am »
Ignore

Mr. President,

Your presence is urgently desired in the Right Wages for Right Regions bill regarding the clarification of a point you had made in the bill a few days ago, regarding the counting of commissions and tips.

Thanks;
Sen. NC Yankee,

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2012, 01:29:43 am »
Ignore

Mr. President,

There questions standing in the Government Oversight and Reform Committee pertaining to the SoIA Inactivity investigation. Please provide responses to these important questions at the earliest opportunity.

Thanks;
Sen. NC Yankee,
GOR Committee Chairman.

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2012, 12:51:04 am »
Ignore

Mr. President,

The Election Do-Over Act has passed the Senate and is presented for your signature or veto.

Regards;
Senator NC Yankee,

Pope Kalwejt I of Northeast
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2012, 11:50:46 am »
Ignore

Excuse me, but is this thread serving any purpose beside of Yankee pooping in and telling Nappy to do his job?

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2012, 11:45:10 am »
Ignore

Hey KAL!!! That means we can totally party it up in here! You bring the drugs and liquor, I will get the "adult entertainment".

LETS TRASH THE PLACE!!! Cheesy

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2012, 04:09:01 pm »
Ignore

Mr. President,

The Omnibus Gun Policy & Safety Act has passed the Senate is presented for your signature or vote.

Regards;
Senator NC Yankee,

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout