California High-Speed Rail Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:46:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  California High-Speed Rail Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: California High-Speed Rail Thread  (Read 25676 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 15, 2015, 06:42:15 AM »

I assumed the bump was about this.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 06:42:25 AM »

Funny how he doesn't throw in land acquisition costs.
Are you referring to the link/article I posted?  If you are, you missed this part.
Quote from: Restricted
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 03:19:40 PM »

I know most of us would rather the govt keep throwing money down the drain, Elon Musk is moving forward with his idea.

link
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 03:36:21 PM »

link-LA Times
meanwhile
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 07:47:00 AM »

News that will only shock people on the left
who knew?  Oh yeah, everybody.  Sure, most of the money will be going into the pockets of rich guys, but those dozens of temporary jobs will make it totally worth the $100B price tag.  Clearly we need more govt run mass transit.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 04:44:58 PM »

We'll see I guess.

Why do you think they went with the "mess" first if it the other, "easier" routes were obvious?

With the recent financial disaster we all ignored that was the DC's trolly system ($200M so 3000 can go up and down one street for free), when was the last good example of American mass transit?  Perhaps I only hear about the ...ahem....train wrecks because of my choices in news.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2024, 11:34:08 PM »

I don't know if they didn't get the last money or not, but they are asking for another $100B.  link-local
As the state faces economic headwinds, California's mega high-speed rail project between San Francisco to Los Angeles also faces major funding hurdles, the project's CEO Brian Kelly told state lawmakers Tuesday.

Kelly testified in front of the State Senate's Transportation Committee on the High-Speed Rail Authority's updated draft business plan. In Tuesday's hearing, Kelly told lawmakers the project has $28 billion dollars on hand, but noted it was still a few billion dollars short to complete the Central Valley segment between Merced and Bakersfield. Depending on how long the segment takes to finish, it could cost between $32 Billion to $35 Billion. Kelly said the project is hoping to fill the gap with federal funds. That segment of the project is expected to be fully operational between 2030 and 2033, Kelly said.
Advertisement

Project leaders estimate it will still need an additional $100 billion to finish what voters were originally pitched in 2008: a bullet train that runs between San Francisco and Los Angeles. A timeline on its completion has not been set as the authority waits for environmental clearances for those segments.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies