How much damage would... (with maps)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:48:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  How much damage would... (with maps)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: How much damage would... (with maps)  (Read 3732 times)
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 07, 2012, 08:27:00 PM »

A sex scandal do on either candidate if they or their running mate were to be found cheating on their spouses?
Sasquatch

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -8.52

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 08:45:59 PM »

What if both candidates were caught cheating on their spouses?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 09:02:34 PM »

What if both candidates were caught cheating on their spouses...

with each other
wan
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 09:18:57 PM »

it will just distract from talking about the economy. remember what happen to herman cain.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 05:05:50 AM »

Obama would survive it because he's the unsinkable Barack.

If Mitt was caught up in a sex scandal, his campaign would be over and it would be an absolute blowout. It would be the straw that broke the camel's back. Fortunately, I think Romney has more character than that. Plus, his wife is an amazing woman who he has no reason to cheat on.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 05:32:18 AM »

Big wins for the opposition.

If both,  knows....depends on which one was more severe.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 06:29:47 AM »

with each other

's spouses.

Would hurt Obama. A Black man is not allowed to touch a White woman.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 06:44:50 AM »

Tell that to his dad.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 08:58:36 AM »

with each other

's spouses.

Would hurt Obama. A Black man is not allowed to touch a White woman.

It might actually hurt him more with African American women. 
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 09:41:26 AM »

He's not that unsinkable.

His likeability as a person will diminish.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2012, 10:22:54 AM »

If Mitt was caught up in a sex scandal, his campaign would be over and it would be an absolute blowout. It would be the straw that broke the camel's back. Fortunately, I think Romney has more character than that. Plus, his wife is an amazing woman who he has no reason to cheat on.

I like how you imply by that statement that Michelle Obama is not an equally nice person. Rather hypocritical, don't you think?
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2012, 11:25:26 AM »

I like how you imply by that statement that Michelle Obama is not an equally nice person. Rather hypocritical, don't you think?

Tangent alert, but I'm going to take this time to say that Ann Romney is thoroughly unattractive. Whether that makes her susceptible to cheating is another issue, but I needed to express this opinion somewhere and I have now done so.
WhyteRain
Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -2.78

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2012, 12:07:24 PM »

If it was with a woman, the MSM would say it's an indictment of the rightwingers who thought he was gay.

If it was with a man (Reggie Love anyone?), then the MSM would proclaim him a historic figure and indict any opposition to him or his policies as the product of anti-homosexual Christianity.  Most of the commenters here would agree.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2012, 12:48:01 PM »

If it was with a woman, the MSM would say it's an indictment of the rightwingers who thought he was gay.

If it was with a man (Reggie Love anyone?), then the MSM would proclaim him a historic figure and indict any opposition to him or his policies as the product of anti-homosexual Christianity.  Most of the commenters here would agree.

So do you think Fox News is liberal too?  After all, having the highest ratings makes it the most "mainstream" media source.
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2012, 12:58:38 PM »

So do you think Fox News is liberal too?  After all, having the highest ratings makes it the most "mainstream" media source.

This will have to be my last post for awhile -- at least a few hours.  I can't be here all day correcting factual errors of leftwingers.

First, the "Main Stream Media" is a legacy term -- like the "Mainline Protestant" denominations.  They're still called "Mainline" (or in the Media's case, Mainstream) even though, despite their outsized prestige, they have fewer and fewer adherents every year.  However, the MSM is still immensely powerful.  As I have noted here in the past, the MSM defeated the mighty Clinton Machine in 2008 to make Dopey the Democratic nominee (and president), then the MSM defeated the mighty Tea Party in 2012 to make Obomney the GOP nominee.

I recall a study by a professor in a California university.  He compiled a list of the "20 most influential news media organizations in the U.S.".  Only two were "conservative" -- Fox News and the Washington Times.  (They account for the seven-or-so percent of the D.C. media that votes Republican.)

But, contrary to what you claim (don't feel badly, most leftwingers make this and other mistakes), Fox News is NOT the "highest rated" news network.  Far, far from it.  It is the highest-rated CABLE news network, but its audience is dwarfed by the MSM BROADCAST news networks (ABCNBCCBSETC).
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 02:38:56 PM »

I'm honestly quite certain even that actually cost Obama votes in 2008.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 02:43:37 PM »

Tangent alert, but I'm going to take this time to say that Ann Romney is thoroughly unattractive. Whether that makes her susceptible to cheating is another issue, but I needed to express this opinion somewhere and I have now done so.

Nah, she's pretty cute for a middle aged woman. She looked really good when she was younger though.

Ironically, Michelle looks way better now than she did back in high school and college. She must have great stylists and makeup artists.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 02:51:49 PM »

This will have to be my last post for awhile -- at least a few hours.  I can't be here all day correcting factual errors of leftwingers.

First, the "Main Stream Media" is a legacy term -- like the "Mainline Protestant" denominations.  They're still called "Mainline" (or in the Media's case, Mainstream) even though, despite their outsized prestige, they have fewer and fewer adherents every year.  However, the MSM is still immensely powerful.  As I have noted here in the past, the MSM defeated the mighty Clinton Machine in 2008 to make Dopey the Democratic nominee (and president), then the MSM defeated the mighty Tea Party in 2012 to make Obomney the GOP nominee.

I recall a study by a professor in a California university.  He compiled a list of the "20 most influential news media organizations in the U.S.".  Only two were "conservative" -- Fox News and the Washington Times.  (They account for the seven-or-so percent of the D.C. media that votes Republican.)

But, contrary to what you claim (don't feel badly, most leftwingers make this and other mistakes), Fox News is NOT the "highest rated" news network.  Far, far from it.  It is the highest-rated CABLE news network, but its audience is dwarfed by the MSM BROADCAST news networks (ABCNBCCBSETC).

Conservatives hate the mainstream media because they are governed by facts and rationale, as opposed to false narratives and rage fueled crusades. (for the most part)

Example, after 9/11-

Media: It should be noted that the US government supported Al Qaeda in the 1980s.
Fox News Conservatives: THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA HATES AMERICA!!!!!
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2012, 04:13:13 PM »

Are you serious? You have no idea what you're talking about.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2012, 05:37:30 PM »

I in no way meant to imply that, and I'm sorry if it seems like I did. Michelle is wonderful (though I think her priorities as First Lady have been partially misguided). I just believe Obama would get more of a reprieve than Romney would.

And shame on whoever said Ann ain't attractive. Tongue She's no Hillary, but she's still pretty darn cute.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2012, 06:32:06 PM »

And shame on whoever said Ann ain't attractive. Tongue She's no Hillary, but she's still pretty darn cute.

Hillary has let herself go the past couple of years, which is the surest sign she's serious about not running in 2016.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2012, 07:16:12 PM »

Hillary has let herself go the past couple of years, which is the surest sign she's serious about not running in 2016.

I can concede that. The hairclip incident in the blue pantsuit was a big no-no.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2012, 07:31:52 PM »

A sex scandal on the part of Romney, which would never happen by the way, would destroy his campaign and he would withdraw as the candidate.

A sex scandal on the part of Obama, which I believe as well would never happen, would result in Michelle tearing a strip off him, but if both Romney and Obama had a sex scandal during the campaign, Obama would win the election, if Romney were to stay in the race after this.

If one had a sex scandal and the other did not, the one who did not have the scandal would win.
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2012, 07:46:54 PM »

Conservatives hate the mainstream media because they are governed by facts and rationale, as opposed to false narratives and rage fueled crusades. (for the most part)

Example, after 9/11-

Media: It should be noted that the US government supported Al Qaeda in the 1980s.
Fox News Conservatives: THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA HATES AMERICA!!!!!

Really?

1.  When and where did "the U.S. government support Al Qaeda in the 1980s"?
2.  When and where was this "noted by the MSM after 9/11"?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2012, 07:56:35 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2012, 07:58:31 PM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

Well, if Romney was caught having diaper sex with a prostitute, he'd still win Louisiana.

1.  When and where did "the U.S. government support Al Qaeda in the 1980s"?

From an article after the 1998 embassy bombings
You must be logged in to read this quote.

There you have it, Senator Hatch, who could become 3rd in line for the Presidency next year, said it was worth it to help Bin Laden.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3340101/t/bin-laden-comes-home-roost/#.T_or6Xbkezc
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies