Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2014, 06:23:58 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Bacon King, Badger)
| | |-+  What was your most memorable wildlife viewing moment?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What was your most memorable wildlife viewing moment?  (Read 201 times)
TDAS04
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2014, 07:59:57 pm »
Ignore

What was your most memorable sighting of one or more animals in the wild?

Mine easily was during the boat trip I took off of Alaska, when I saw a humpback whale with her calf, as well as a pod of killer whales.  (I did not get to see the killer whales attack the humpbacks.)  There were also several dolphins and porpoises.

One other memorable animal sighting was in when I saw a moose for the first time in Montana.

Economic:  -2.45
Social:  -6.26
Herman Cain's Gold Chain
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 08:02:21 pm »
Ignore

When we went to Sea World in 5th grade, we saw two whales having sex.

(Part of the 2012 Election Throwback Series)
TDAS04
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 08:34:04 pm »
Ignore

I'm having a memorable moment at this very second.  There are two hawks sitting outside my home, and my cat is chattering at them.

Economic:  -2.45
Social:  -6.26
Dixiecrat
BeyondTruthAndIdeals
Lebanon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 08:57:15 pm »
Ignore

Seeing a heard of Bison run across Yellowstone.

I'm about as ready for Hilldawg as I am for a prostate exam done by a homeless man behind a 7-11.
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 08:58:50 pm »
Ignore

While going out into the woods with my uncle early one morning (about 3:30 AM) to go hunting, we came face to face with a deer that was about ten feet away from us. I've also seen a few sharks in the intracoastal, including one which made it up the side canal where my house is.

America's like that hot chick everyone wants, and illegal immigrants are all the nerds that she should say "no" to.
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 03:46:01 am »
Ignore

I saw a moose dip its head in the water, then come up and look at us.

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”-John Lennon
"Taking care of our veterans is a cost of war. If you can spend 6 trillion dollars sending them to war, you can spend a few billion taking care of them when they come home"- Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT)
HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.52

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 04:04:01 am »
Ignore

Killbear Provincial Park. My family was at the bathroom and it was basically pitch black because the campfire was pretty much done. It also happened to be the night of Susana's speech at the Republican convention in 2012, so naturally I was streaming the thing from 3G onto my laptop. My parents weren't too impressed.

Anyway, halfway through her speech I hear someone shout "BEAR," and two seconds later I hear these thunderous footfalls in the patch of trees beside our campsite. A sapling comes crashing down and almost lands on me, and I know the bear is literally feet away. I actually never saw the thing because it was so dark and my eyes were adjusted to the laptop screen, but I damn-well heard it. I never yelled so loud in all my life.

Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 10:26:06 am »
Ignore

The first week of my Junior year at LSU, it was raining the whole week. It was pretty depressing actually. I was walking home from the gym one night; I walked over a bridge and looked down. I saw a pelican floating down in the creek. It caught my eye because it was bright white and it stood out against the gloomy, rainy environment. It seemed pretty cool.  

retromike22
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 01:15:42 pm »
Ignore

When I went to Yosemite Nat'l Park with my family in a cabin. We decided to bring a frozen DiGiornio pizza to make. Once it was done we looked outside and our cabin was surrounded by at least 6............ deer. They came up and were tapping at the door because unbeknownst to us, Yosemite deer love DiGiornio pizza. Eventually we scared them away.

I wrote and directed my own movie. It's about an intern, a doctor, a mayor, a secretary, a cross dressing prostitute, farmers, aliens, and zombies: http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=181696.0
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout