Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 05:46:40 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Bacon King, Badger)
| | |-+  Summarize Previous Poster's Political Beliefs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Summarize Previous Poster's Political Beliefs  (Read 8560 times)
RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2012, 06:32:58 pm »
Ignore

What Snow said.

7.35, 3.65

« Les plus nobles principes du monde ne valent que par l’action.  »

- Charles de Gaulle

Is it excessive to hold a politician's feet to the fire for giving his base the run around at every turn?
Emperor Scott
Scott
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -5.74

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2012, 06:34:19 pm »
Ignore

I don't usually see you discuss your views on here, so it's hard for me to say.  However, from what I've seen, I believe you are a somewhat secular, moderate conservative?

A.G. Snowstalker
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: -4.96

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2012, 06:38:30 pm »
Ignore

I wrote this for RB, but now Scott posted. I did both.

Unlike most Quebecois, RB is rather conservative and a Harper supporter, as well as one who supports American conservatives (one poll showed that over 50% of Tories in Canada supported Obama over Romney). However, he wouldn't be considered radical here; though solidly fiscally conservative (as opposed to the corporatism that Republicans campaign against and then implement), he seems to be rather unconcerned with social issues; I rarely if ever see him talk about them. He's also a deist, so if he were able to run for President here he'd be chased out of the party by pitchfork-toting Tea Partiers. Tongue

Scott comes from the New Democratic wing of the party often associated with white-collar suburbanites, although in his daily life he breaks his stereotype, being a Christian who loves country music. Left-leaning but overall moderate on economic issues, he is very socially liberal and highly supportive of same-sex marriage.

TheDeadFlagBlues
YaBB God
Mexico

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2012, 07:26:47 pm »
Ignore

American progressivism through and through although he is faced with the inherent contradictions that arise when a middle class teen is primarily concerned with the place of culturally conservative working class voters in the party.

Economic score: -6.26
Social score: -7.74
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
YaBB God
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2012, 08:04:28 pm »
Ignore

Seems somewhat leftist, at least by Idaho standards.  I don't know really.

Free Bradley Manning
Frodo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2012, 08:15:43 pm »
Ignore

Fallen Morgan is a classic libertarian, with an isolationist foreign policy to match. 

Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: 0.35

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2012, 08:35:30 pm »
Ignore

Very left wing Democrat. Socially ticks all the 'liberal' boxes, anti war on drugs, strongly pro-LGBT rights, favors legalization of brothels etc. Although he's kinda moderate-ish on gun control (support of concealed carry laws) and supports the overturning of Roe vs. Wade which you don't usually see Democrats proposing nowadays. Support for making English the official language of the United States, usually a Republican policy, is somewhat an outlier in terms of his liberal ideology as well. Economically, he is mainline liberal i.e. support for the 'living wage', 'corporations are not people' amendment, yada, yada.

All in all, an economic and social liberal, with some maverick stances on a couple of issues.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 08:43:50 pm by Supersonic »Logged

Being a Libertarian is like having a fever, either you sweat it out or you die from it.
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2012, 08:46:13 pm »
Ignore

Seems like your average American conservative, with a neoconservative foreign policy. Could fit into Blairs Labor Party as a very moderate member, in a way. Santorum or Gingrich would be your best match here in the US.

America's like that hot chick everyone wants, and illegal immigrants are all the nerds that she should say "no" to.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
YaBB God
United States
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2012, 08:52:36 pm »
Ignore

Ron Paul-style libertarian.

Free Bradley Manning
Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.32, S: -5.74

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2012, 09:00:21 pm »
Ignore

Formerly libertarian-ish now a marxistarian I take it?

Iron King SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2012, 09:09:24 pm »
Ignore

Freedom Beliefs, both in ideological terms and in my opinion.

President John Hay
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2012, 09:17:30 pm »
Ignore

About as close to center as you can get on foreign policy... economic moderate and social liberal. A smart analysis with care for every view he takes on the issues...

Fmr. President & Senator Polnut
polnut
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2012, 09:23:10 pm »
Ignore

About as close to center as you can get on foreign policy... economic moderate and social liberal. A smart analysis with care for every view he takes on the issues...

Clarence arrived... your somewhat stereotypical older conservative veteran. His past as a small-business owner certainly frames his economic views as being anti-regulation and maybe not being too favourable to unions? He's quite hawkish on foreign policy, again a testament to his past as a Navy veteran from Vietnam.

Socially, he's a very ardent supporter of the pro-life position, as well as education voucherisation.

But he's not completely rigid and shows a strong desire to learn more about issues from people he might not have had exposure to in the past, this is especially clear from his position of gay rights and same-sex legal recognition.

In summary: a pretty mainstream economic, social and foreign policy 'conservative', but one with an open mind. 

Dogma is a comfortable thing, it saves you from thought - Sir Robert Menzies
A.G. Snowstalker
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: -4.96

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2012, 09:26:26 pm »
Ignore

Polnut stole my spot, so,

Clarence: Rather right-wing at first glance, but in many ways rather pragmatic. Very pro-military, which usually (but not always) translates into support of a stronger foreign policy, and as a veteran sees service as critical for a public officeholder to have. However, he is sometimes more moderate; he supports same-sex marriage and makes bipartisan endorsements. All in all, one of the more reasonable users, and certainly one of the best conservatives.

Polnut: A Labor voter, specifically the more moderate/affluent wing. Would be a relatively standard liberal in America, though also somewhat moderate on economic issues. Would be willing to vote for some conservatives in his country if they hadn't gone hard right under Abbott.

ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2012, 10:08:56 pm »
Ignore

A moderate to left wing Democrat with conservative positions on issues like gun control. A New Dealer crossed with some elements of the DLC.

America's like that hot chick everyone wants, and illegal immigrants are all the nerds that she should say "no" to.
President John Hay
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2012, 10:16:09 pm »
Ignore

A libertarian Republican who votes for the person- not the party. Not many people are fans of both Ron Paul and Allen West... he is conservative economically with an America-first foreign policy. I get the sense his views are still evolving as all of ours should be and wouldn't be surprised to see him go either further left or right...

GM Napoleon
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2012, 10:18:01 pm »
Ignore

Pro-veteran conservative. Doesn't always toe the Republican line and used to identify as a Democrat but is an all around conservative and foreign policy hawk.

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.32, S: -5.74

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2012, 12:23:34 am »
Ignore

Believes the English are a nation of shop keepers and that the only way to save the Republic is for him to be made Emperor.

phk
phknrocket1k
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2012, 12:28:28 am »
Ignore

A mixture of Midwestern and Texas, Libertarian Republican through and through

morgieb
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2012, 12:36:47 am »
Ignore

Sounds like a liberal/moderate Republican. Probably doesn't care about social issues at all and not very radical on economic issues compared to some of his peers.
asexual trans victimologist
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2012, 12:46:36 am »
Ignore

I'm not sure where he fits within an Australian context but here he's an affable but fairly firm leftist, who seems, as his avatar would indicate, to have environmentalist sympathies. Sorry I can't elaborate more; I don't know him very well.

A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights.

His idea of freedom is - it is a bad thing and should be stopped at all costs.

Nathan-land.  As much fun as watching paint dry... literally.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
YaBB God
United States
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2012, 02:23:41 am »
Ignore

Standard traditionalist New Englander, but with some political quirks.

Free Bradley Manning
President John Hay
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2012, 02:34:36 am »
Ignore

A radical who disregards a person for one view they hold- his signature is an example... he sees the US and our allies as the cause of most of the world's issues. At times- he seems to want to be a radical leftist for the sake of being one and probably fancies himself as the Che Guevara of the Atlas Forum. His views and the manner in which he expresses them would've made me angry in the past... but nowadays he is good for a laugh knowing some one like him will never get near any office of power in America

Emperor Scott
Scott
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -5.74

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2012, 02:42:48 am »
Ignore

Clarence initially came off, to me, as a very ardent conservative back when he first joined, and his early support of Newt Gingrich and then Rick Santorum during the GOP primaries helped give that impression.  However, over time he's demonstrated that he's actually fairly moderate, and though he stands firm on his opinions, he is willing to consider the other side's position when room for common ground exists.  His top issues are mostly foreign policy-related, and his own experience in the US military inspires his deep appreciation for fellow veterans, even if he does not see eye-to-eye with them on everything.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 02:56:10 am by Senator Scott »Logged

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.55, S: -7.91

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2012, 10:55:43 am »
Ignore

Scott is a left-leaning Democrat with some rather moderate views on some economic issues, but is very firm in his libertarian social views. He's religious, but does not seem to allow his religious views and his political views to intertwine. Very similar to Napoleon, another Connecticut Democrat. Scott demonstrates compassion for environmental issues (guessing this from some Atlasia things Tongue) but overall is very nice and reasonable when it comes to political debate. He's bipartisan and appreciative of others' views.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout