Short Speech on Healthcare in Denver, CO
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:56:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Short Speech on Healthcare in Denver, CO
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Short Speech on Healthcare in Denver, CO  (Read 1089 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 21, 2005, 10:30:11 PM »

Hello, I am Senate Candidate King. Recently, my opponent spoke to you on a plan to develop MagLev lines throughout District 5. Although that plan would help the casual business traveler who prefers sitting next to some smelly old man who couldn't afford a plane ticket for a 900 mile trip, I believe in focusing on the real issues that affect you.

Issues like healthcare and the over one million people in Colorado who cannot afford it. I believe that is wrong, we need to reform our healthcare system to lower the prices of prescription drugs, insurance, and doctor visits. If you elect me Senator, I will introduce the "Family/Individual CareCard Plan" which allows middle and low income families and individual persons to record all prescription drug and general healthcare purchases using a government issued card. Holders of this card will then be reimbursed a percentage of the costs in the form of tax credit.

This plan is cost-effective for both the government and the average citizen like you. Along with massive tort-reform, we can have Atlasia's healthcare system shine once again without  the need for a big socialized health system proposed by some. We can and we will have healthcare under control in District 5 and all of Atlasia.

It's time for a moderate and proactive leader in District 5 and with your support, I hope to be that leader. Thank you and God bless!
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 10:32:47 PM »

Yay King for Senate.  Also, make a speech about cracking down on illegal immigration.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 10:39:09 PM »

Yay King for Senate.  Also, make a speech about cracking down on illegal immigration.

Hey, my ancestors jumped the border! Well, techinically the border jumped them (they were living in present day AZ/NM during the Mexican-American War).
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 10:44:56 PM »

It's a good start, but i'd look at our records. I introduced the MCS, King has done nothing before this speech on healthcare. In the senate, let's look at some vote history. On the Health Care Reform Act, I, along with Senator JFK, voted aye. You didn't vote-you didn't even comment. There have been no other healthcare acts whilst either of us have been senators.

The plan you present sounds alright, but I don't know if youreally have the experience and motivation in healthcare terms that I have proven. You haven't been very proactive on healthcare at all before today.
Blue Rectangle

Political Matrix
E: 8.50, S: -0.62

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 10:58:55 PM »

I don't like the idea of the government recording all my healthcare purchases.  How would your plan protect my privacy?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 11:02:06 PM »

On the Health Care Reform Act, I, along with Senator JFK, voted aye. You didn't vote

That's because I was not a Senator at the time of the vote! Tongue
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 11:04:07 PM »

On the Health Care Reform Act, I, along with Senator JFK, voted aye. You didn't vote

I think that's a good excuse if it's true.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2005, 11:05:34 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2005, 11:07:19 PM by King »

I don't like the idea of the government recording all my healthcare purchases.  How would your plan protect my privacy?

It would just record costs and would say nothing to the extent of what the purchase was, all the government will know is that the pharmacist/physician/hospital accepted it as one using the government guidelines.

It has to be true because I succeeded Senator JFK when he became President. There is no way I could have voted with him.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2005, 11:15:02 PM »

Nuh uh.  I demand that all people who might possibly be Senate candidates vote on every single bill!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2005, 11:16:51 PM »

Nuh uh.  I demand that all people who might possibly be Senate candidates vote on every single bill!

Back when I served as PPT, Senators announced their votes before I even opened debate. Does that count? Tongue
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2005, 11:29:22 PM »

Back when I served as PPT, Senators announced their votes before I even opened debate. Does that count? Tongue

Close enough.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2005, 12:43:58 AM »

Read the whole sentence: "On the Health Care Reform Act, I, along with Senator JFK, voted aye. You didn't vote-you didn't even comment."

I wasn't saying that you were enat to vote, I was saying that I voted, and that you didn't make any comments on the bill at all. I was highlighting that I have been active in healthcare whilst before today you haven't been active in it at all.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2005, 12:48:30 AM »
« Edited: January 22, 2005, 12:50:51 AM by King »

Read the whole sentence: "On the Health Care Reform Act, I, along with Senator JFK, voted aye. You didn't vote-you didn't even comment."

I wasn't saying that you were enat to vote, I was saying that I voted, and that you didn't make any comments on the bill at all. I was highlighting that I have been active in healthcare whilst before today you haven't been active in it at all.

Good for you! You were a Senator under that bill, you were elected to give opinions on bills! I wasn't at the time.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2005, 12:55:05 AM »

You're missing the point-show me some examples of you debating healthcare in the past, so that your claim to be a proactive leader can be better assessed.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2005, 12:55:56 AM »

If I may chime in, I would personally rather see both sides' ideas and then debates on the ideas themselves, leaving the rest up to the voters.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2005, 01:03:21 AM »
« Edited: January 22, 2005, 01:05:48 AM by King »

You're missing the point-show me some examples of you debating healthcare in the past, so that your claim to be a proactive leader can be better assessed.

Healthcare was not a big issue during my session of Senate because of the Health Care Reform Bill passing in the previous session. There were no bills by me, you, or any of the others addressing the issue at that time. My record in the Senate may not have been perfect when I served, but I am still proud of it and refuse to continue debate on any of this bogwash against it.

I have laid out a plan for healthcare and if still believe you are the better choice for healthcare conscience voters, then I suggest YOU lay out your own plan instead of trying to pull an "Who debated it first?" trick on me and the good people of District 5.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies