London 2012 Olympics Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:27:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  London 2012 Olympics Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: London 2012 Olympics Thread  (Read 53586 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 04, 2012, 10:02:23 AM »

This Senegal v Mexico match has been very entertaining.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 02:55:12 PM »

Corner kick goal for the tie!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 11:34:24 PM »

Man, that soccer game yesterday sure was a heartbreaking match Sad Canada always brings their A game against the US in these major tournaments, but they've not won yet.

riiiiiiiiggggggeeeeeeeeeeedddd
You can't hold the ball for 11 seconds.  It's a rule*.  She broke it.

Good game by the ladies though, very little to no diving.  If only male soccer players were as tough as the women.

*link    Pg.33
You must be logged in to read this quote.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 08:48:24 AM »

goal!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 03:34:14 PM »

Great game ladies!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 03:25:45 AM »

Good game by the ladies though, very little to no diving.  If only male soccer players were as tough as the women.
I want to restate this.  After watching the ladies gold medal game again tonight, I again noticed that the women just don't dive...or at least MUCH less than the men.  Is there a reason for this?  Are some countries worse than others?  Is there a push to get rid of it?  I know it can be a hard thing to punish as it's a judgement thing, but sometimes it's so freaking obvious....guy goes down like he just had his leg cut off, rolls on the ground for 30 seconds hoping to get a call.....no call comes, the ball goes back to his team and next thing you know he hops up and is sprinting down the field calling for a pass as if nothing ever happened.  It's bad sportsmanship, it's unethical and it hurts the sport.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 04:48:38 AM »

Hmmm...interesting.  It just seems like a huge lack of respect to the other team, the refs, the sport and the fans.

I've gained a lot of respect for the sport over the last decade or so, it's certainly a better game than the American stereotypical preception of it is. (I've reworded that sentence 3 times and its still not looking right, but I think you can understand what I'm saying)  But the diving pisses me off. 

Of course there is bad sportsmanship in every sport and every league.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 11:40:50 PM »

Short was my problem with it.  Basically, if you're winning after the second corner, you win....as far as i could tell.  Make them do a couple hundred laps and the sport would be more interesting.....or much more boring.  Not sure.  Racing needs passing or it's just a freaking parade.  Like F1.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies