London 2012 Olympics Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:55:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  London 2012 Olympics Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: London 2012 Olympics Thread  (Read 53378 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 22, 2012, 12:55:07 PM »

I think he's talking about the failed attempt of New York City to host this year's event.

Which was a good thing.  I feel sorry for London.  Any mayor that supports his city making a bid to host the Olympics deserves to be voted out of office.  They simply are not worth the cost and hassle.
Are you kidding?  The '96 Olympics put Atlanta on the map.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 11:57:44 AM »

Nice finish to the cycling event.  The original breakaway group swelled two thirty members and maintained a 50 second lead over the pellaton for the rest of the race.  Then, with a mile or two to go, a columbian rider broke away from the breakaway, followed by a 38 year old Kazakhstani.  He drafted and then came around behind to sprint for the win.  Love it when somebody the commentators even had trouble identifying wins the Gold.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 05:49:49 PM »

Point of interest, 37 countries have already medalled, which is a great start for this games' aim to have the most ever medalling nations. Point of nyah nyah, no British golds. Point of frump: Australia is either third or fourth in the pool, depending on how you count.
Huh, Google tells me North Korea is 4th.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 05:56:11 PM »

Wow!  Did anybody watch the USA vs. Nigeria mens basketball game just now?  United States completely obliterated the record for teh highest scoring Olympic game; 156!
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 07:30:49 PM »

I loved the basketball match. Spanish players (specially Pau and Navarro) were awesome. But the USA team is just unbeatable. Congratulations, Americans, it was a great game!! I'm really, really glad with our silver medal, the same one we had in Beijing.

There's this running joke that if you are playing in Olympic Basketball and not an American, you're playing for Silver.

Yes, that's true. And that's why we have a gold medal made of silver Smiley But, playing only a little better, we could have had a gold medal made of gold...
Yeah, I was surprised at the final score.  7 point difference.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies