Swing voters in this election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:14:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Swing voters in this election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Swing voters in this election  (Read 2032 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 09, 2012, 01:24:43 AM »

My mother and her husband both voted for Obama in 2008, and it was the first time she voted Democratic since her first time voting in 1988.

Now, both of them are undecided, but more-so my mother than her husband. When talking about the election last week, both of them mentioned a few things that "got under their skin" recently.

1. High federal taxes. Both claim they're having to give more to the Government than they did under the Bush years.

2. The gay marriage thing. Even my mother's Democratic husband told me, "I can't believe he just did that" in reaction to President Obama's gay marriage flip.

3. The "We've got your back" advertisement for black people to vote for Obama. My mother and her husband both thought it was from a joke website and I had to show them that it was actually real. Their reactions were both a simultaneous, "Jesus..."

They both said they're waiting for the debates. Their biggest claim for not being entirely behind Romney is that they "haven't heard specifics" from him yet.

I got one for ya that spun me around...I was talking to an acquaintance of a guy I know. He's in his 40s, a union construction worker who votes Democratic everytime. He said, "I've never voted Republican before...but I'm voting for Mitt Romney." I asked why. He said, "Because ever since Obama became President, these blacks all walk around with a little more attitude than they used to and I'm tired of it."

I was taken aback.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies