So apparently Israel isn't an occupying force in the West Bank (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:08:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  So apparently Israel isn't an occupying force in the West Bank (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So apparently Israel isn't an occupying force in the West Bank  (Read 6598 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 11, 2012, 03:37:56 PM »

According to the Levy commission, which is composed of right-wingers appointed by Netanyahu.

Nope, the Israeli government isn't horrible at all.  Roll Eyes

This isn't surprising at all given the right-wing government in Israel. And with the Arab Revolutions happening in neighboring countries I suspect Benny to become hardline on the Palestinian issue then he already is.

The right-wing's just about everyone over in Israel, then. Among Israelis, only Hadash & Meretz are on the correct side of the issue. Neither of them are that big or powerful.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 03:09:27 PM »

There are few things that repulse me more than white people who decide to play "white knight" for the Palestinians while being venomously opposed to Israel and casting Jewish Israelis as "White Europeans" in order to make their point.

Which is a red herring, since one does not have to be a "white knight" for the Palestinians to see an issue here. Philosophically, I think that people should be able to choose the government they live under. The Palestinians do not want to be a part of the Israeli nation-state and that people are so cavalier about forcing them to be a part of it disturbs me.

Considering the deep-seeded mutual antipathy that exists between the Israelis and the Palestinians, I don't see anything other than a two-state solution succeeding (not to say that that is a surefire winner either). Israel should exist as a sovereign nation, and so should Palestine.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies