So apparently Israel isn't an occupying force in the West Bank (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:56:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  So apparently Israel isn't an occupying force in the West Bank (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So apparently Israel isn't an occupying force in the West Bank  (Read 6596 times)
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 11, 2012, 11:40:55 AM »

Oh come on Vosem, how can you dispute that the Libyan rebels were the "good guys", and least compared to their enemies? The other side was Muammar Gaddafi. The man slaughtered thousands of his own people, sponsored terrorism, and basically distributed all of Libya's oil wealth amongst his family and his tribe.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 12:39:19 AM »

And, of course whatever disliking the people of the Occupied Territories have for the state of Israel has to do with this.  Stop being a racist zionist turd.

It rather does, since they're launching suicide bombings and they want to kick all the Jews out of the West Bank and s**t. Stop being a racist pro-Palestinian turd.

The Zionist Jews are bloodsuckers who are intent on destroying the Arab people's of what was Palestine. The Palestinians through suicide attacks are only resisting the extermination of their people.

The Israeli occupation of Palestine is equivalent to the white American destruction  of the Native Americans.

Okay, you've gone out of line, seriously, "bloodsuckers"? That combined with your Gaddafi photo in your signature means you're not welcome on a reasonable forum like this.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 04:28:12 PM »

Literally both sides are horrible; the Palestinian leaders aren't doing the least bit to start a new dialogue and prevent their people from committing terrorism, but Israel is just as bad. The Israeli government forces many Arabs to carry IDs that Israelis don't need, they build Israeli homes in territory that they themselves promised to the Palestinians, they have created a de facto police state society, and they otherwise act incredibly bigoted towards all Arabs. In fact, from what I understand, some Israelis in positions of power have threatened to wipe the Palestinians off the map. Sound familiar?

Neither side is innocent here, but the Israelis have more power, so they abuse it more, and thus are closest to being the "bad guy" in this situation (though more misguided than cacklingly evil). If it was the country of Palestine and scattered bits of a mini Israel, then I would have exactly the same opinion.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 06:33:00 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2012, 07:04:38 PM by PioneerProgress »

The Israeli government forces many Arabs to carry IDs that Israelis don't need,
What is this referring to?

they build Israeli homes in territory that they themselves promised to the Palestinians,

We did? What is it that we promised?

they have created a de facto police state society,

We have? I live here and this is news to me.

Hmmm... well, this isn't the source I found it from, but it seems that Palestinians need to carry ID cards; I didn't know that Israelis themselves had to have their own IDs. Anyway, the point is that they aren't treated as citizens nor as neighbors.

As for the homes, again, this is not where I found it the issue about the Israel homes in Palestinian territory, but here's an example.

As for the "police state" thing, what about that Gaza flotilla raid that happened in 2010? Surely an attack on a flotilla that was trying to get supplies to a blockaded city is something close to authoritarian, right? And if (probably anti-authoritarian by default, since they're teenagers) Israeli teenagers think that Arabs don't deserve equal rights...

I might have chosen too strong of words, and I'm sorry if I'm assuming things (as I have never been to Israel, and I'm neither Israeli or Palestinian) but my point is that neither side is innocent (though Free Palestine goes way too far with the "Israel is evil" meme), neither Israel nor Palestine. Again, I'm not trying to be arrogant and I'm not trying to generalize things. I'm simply saying that neither your country, nor Palestine is innocent in this conflict.

EDIT: Crap, I'm just digging myself into a deeper hole, aren't I? My bad for commenting on this; Israel/Palestine is not one of the issues I think about that much, besides listening to people who either know a lot more or a lot less on the issue than myself.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies