don't you wish Jesus were real? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:02:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  don't you wish Jesus were real? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: don't you wish Jesus were real?  (Read 8030 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 09, 2012, 11:11:46 PM »

such a shame that He isn't.  such a beautiful idea!  I had this inkling, driving home on the barren public-sector Long Island highways, to drive to my father's house, and it would have been on the way, and I haven't spoken to him bar 3 texts in 3 weeks, and tell him: "I forgive you, Dad.  and I pray that you can forgive me."  but I double-took, and realized, I didn't mean it!  I don't forgive him!  he is a spiteful, narcissistic, limited, angry man, and I don't forgive him!  how I wish I did. how I wish there were Christ, but there's no Christ without deliverance from sin, there's no deliverance from sin without literal Genesis, and literal Genesis absolutely never happened.  so there's no Christ.  so I do not forgive my father.  and I sit, in a barren, empty room.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 06:58:14 PM »

Rereading the OP I'm not sure why Tweed thinks that literal Genesis is necessary for the remission of sin, since Original Sin doesn't require a specific originary event in order to make sense.

I don't really agree here -- it certainly can 'make sense', but the Biblical doctrine can't hold together as one, and descends into the realm of mere suggestion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies