don't you wish Jesus were real? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:30:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  don't you wish Jesus were real? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: don't you wish Jesus were real?  (Read 8042 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: July 10, 2012, 03:56:30 PM »

He was real, and there is evidence that he existed. He was what he said he was-he was the Son of God. But, the Christian religion is based on faith-thats the keyword-faith. We have faith that he existed and was the Son of God. And that faith will be rewarded by him.

As mentioned, the biblical Jesus probably was based on a real person. However, it would be absolutely horrible if the biblical description were accurate - the notion of condemning people to eternal torment for not worshiping him is revolting, and would be worse than anything us humans have ever done.
I really don't "worship him". I love him, and thats how it should be. I don't bow down to him and praise him for sh**ts and giggles. I do it out of love. I love him because he committed the ultimate sacriface for our sins. No matter how hard I try, I will never pay back the debt I owe to him-my afterlife. And to pay this debt off, I try to love my brothers on Earth, and preach the Gospel.

Jesus is made out to be "LETZ KILL TEH GAYZ". But, all in all, Jesus was a God of love, not hate.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 05:44:18 PM »

As mentioned, the biblical Jesus probably was based on a real person. However, it would be absolutely horrible if the biblical description were accurate - the notion of condemning people to eternal torment for not worshiping him is revolting, and would be worse than anything us humans have ever done.

I really don't "worship him". I love him, and thats how it should be. I don't bow down to him and praise him for sh**ts and giggles. I do it out of love. I love him because he committed the ultimate sacriface for our sins. No matter how hard I try, I will never pay back the debt I owe to him-my afterlife. And to pay this debt off, I try to love my brothers on Earth, and preach the Gospel.

Jesus is made out to be "LETZ KILL TEH GAYZ". But, all in all, Jesus was a God of love, not hate.

Who said anything about gay people? I was talking about Hell - you know, that place that God sends the nonbelievers to suffer in torment and agony for all eternity. That's not exactly an act of love.
I didn't reference an attack on gays by anyone, and the post was not in a negative context. I did not mean to sound negative or attacking, because that was the opposite of my point. Megachurches often have the radical, hatefull, un Christian ministers who give Jesus a bad name.

My point was, its easy to avoid hell. Everyone has Jesus in them-you just have to find him. I hope someday you will, because once I found him, my life became a lot better Smiley

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies