Flash Player problems (in Chrome and also Firefox)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:37:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Flash Player problems (in Chrome and also Firefox)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Flash Player problems (in Chrome and also Firefox)  (Read 625 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 10, 2012, 12:12:09 PM »

OK, everyone knows that Flash Player is terrible and creates endless problems, right?  I have had terrible sorrows in both IE and Foxfire because of Flash, and my laptop at home barely works because of 'scripts' running, which apparently come from Flash videos from youtube.

But specifically now I have a problem at the office - Flash functions more or less correctly in IE, (though after about an hour or two of flash viewing the computer barely functions), but in Firefox it will fail to open a video about 95% of the time, though in the rare case it does open, it works perfectly.  Finally in Chrome the videos will always play, and reliably, but the sound is terrible - scratchy and unlistenable.

So, what is wrong? 
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 05:08:49 PM »

I thought I was the only one with this problem. Tried the old uninstall and re-install but that didn't work, because it won't re-install because it won't recognise that firefox is closed.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 06:30:19 AM »

Not that i know of, as I don't know what is an 'extension'?  I do have an extension cord for the power.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 06:28:07 PM »

Huh. I suggest clearing your browser's memory, if you haven't done that yet.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 10:56:08 AM »

Oh, how can I do that?  And would it make it forget some useful or important things as well?
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 12:42:49 PM »

Oh, how can I do that?  And would it make it forget some useful or important things as well?

Wait a second it's just started working for me again. Around an hour ago some message came up about a firewall for adobe flash player (I clicked allow for all in the box that came up) and I didn't make too much of it but now flash works again.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 12:49:37 PM »

Wait a second it's just started working for me again. Around an hour ago some message came up about a firewall for adobe flash player (I clicked allow for all in the box that came up) and I didn't make too much of it but now flash works again.

Well darn it, I wish that message would pop up for me too! Sad
greenforest32

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 01:40:45 AM »

Flash video is terrible, it still gives me issues as well occasionally. I long for the day we do away with it completely and embed the video directly into the html like we do with images: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML5_video

As for your problem, I'm not sure about Chrome but I've had similar issues in the past with Firefox that went away when I updated the Flash plugin to the newest version. You can check which version you're using here (+ links to updates): http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/

For Firefox, the keyboard shortcut to clear the web history is Ctrl+Shift+Del
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies