WI-"The far superior pollster (© Krazen) Marquette" has Obama up 8 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:22:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  WI-"The far superior pollster (© Krazen) Marquette" has Obama up 8 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI-"The far superior pollster (© Krazen) Marquette" has Obama up 8  (Read 2871 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 11, 2012, 07:30:41 PM »

PPP had President Obama up 6... unless Mitt Romney chose to nominate Senator Paul Ryan, in which case the margin is only 1 for President Obama. I chose to go with that in my map for the Presidential election until Mitt Romney makes a definitive choice. I would do the same with Ohio if Mitt went with Ron Portman.

I may believe that Paul Ryan would be a disastrous choice for Mitt Romney; the Ryan budget that promotes the privatization of Social Security and Medicare would probably lose Florida and Arizona. If I were President Obama I would be delighted to put Wisconsin at risk to make Florida a sure thing.

The record for active Representatives as VP nominees in a Presidential race is execrable in recent years.   The last two, both of which came from electoral powerhouses as States (in fact, the same state -- New York!), lost their own states. Geraldine Ferraro may have had the worst campaigner for President as a running mate for decades, but Jack Kemp was a first-rate pol. In view of what happened in 2000 maybe the best thing that could have happened  would have been for Kemp to win both the Republican nomination and the Presidency and effectively consigning you-know-who to an oblivion that would have well served America.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies