Bye bye, Chairman Specter?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:11:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Bye bye, Chairman Specter?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Bye bye, Chairman Specter?  (Read 25846 times)
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2005, 11:25:14 PM »

Now, he stated a fact. If the Supreme Court says you have the right to private sexual relations, you have the right to beastiality.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2005, 12:09:16 AM »

Now, he stated a fact. If the Supreme Court says you have the right to private sexual relations, you have the right to beastiality.

No, that's an irrational and idiotic leap.  Seriously.  Probably the dumbest statement since Gerald Ford insisted that Poland wasn't dominated by the USSR.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2005, 12:48:10 AM »

No, it is a fact. That is an example of private sexual relations.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #128 on: January 29, 2005, 12:50:05 AM »

By the way, I think anti-sodomy laws are completely ridiculous. I'm just saying, he didn't actually compare homosexuality to beastiality, he was just making a legal point.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2005, 01:07:04 AM »

By the way, I think anti-sodomy laws are completely ridiculous. I'm just saying, he didn't actually compare homosexuality to beastiality, he was just making a legal point.

Their were many ways he could have made the point without throwing beastiality in the mix.  By him throwing beastiality in the mix it shows he really does think that way.  Any rational person, or someone who doesn't think thay homosexuals are comparable would never even think of bringing up beastiality in context of a homosexual converstaion, even if it was just a legal point, no sane person does that
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #130 on: January 29, 2005, 02:12:53 AM »

Um, why? I do stuff like that all the time.

The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2005, 02:24:12 AM »

Their were many ways he could have made the point without throwing beastiality in the mix.  By him throwing beastiality in the mix it shows he really does think that way.  Any rational person, or someone who doesn't think thay homosexuals are comparable would never even think of bringing up beastiality in context of a homosexual converstaion, even if it was just a legal point, no sane person does that

No sane person who isn't, well, a lawyer anyway.

If you know the law, you know the law, and you say what you know.  Santorum knew the law in this case, and what he said has merit.  There is certainly a counter case, but it is not as compelling in purely legal terms as Santorum's was.

Sodomy laws are unconscienable, but not unconstitutional.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2005, 10:28:20 AM »

I can't believe I actually have to explain this to you guys.

In homosexual relations there are two consenting adults.  In bestiality there is an animal who cannot give consent.  It is, quite plainly, animal abuse.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2005, 01:45:49 PM »

By the way, Santorum and Toomey are not far right.

Name a single issue either one is moderate on. BTW, Toomey has a lifetime ACU rating of 97. What's that if it's not far right?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2005, 03:04:22 PM »

By the way, Santorum and Toomey are not far right.

Name a single issue either one is moderate on. BTW, Toomey has a lifetime ACU rating of 97. What's that if it's not far right?

I've told you in the past that if someone has conservative views, that doesn't make them far right. You want to label them far right, you find far right views. I know that's hard for you, BRTD but everytime you label someone far right, I'll ask you to point out their extremist views. Ready....go...
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2005, 05:09:38 PM »

Um, why? I do stuff like that all the time.

Exactly my point
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2005, 05:37:39 PM »

In homosexual relations there are two consenting adults. In bestiality there is an animal who cannot give consent. It is, quite plainly, animal abuse.

An animal is property, and does not need to give consent.  It doesn't have rights like a person does.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2005, 07:44:27 PM »

In homosexual relations there are two consenting adults. In bestiality there is an animal who cannot give consent. It is, quite plainly, animal abuse.

An animal is property, and does not need to give consent.  It doesn't have rights like a person does.

And yet there are laws on the books which say you cannot abuse your pets ... even though, as you say, they are property.  Sexually assaulting an animal is abuse.  This is pretty simple.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies