The problem with Obama's anti-Romney campaigning (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:26:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The problem with Obama's anti-Romney campaigning (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The problem with Obama's anti-Romney campaigning  (Read 4281 times)
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 13, 2012, 11:47:51 PM »

So what are we to assume? That the reason for some of the economic success of the 1980s was at the expense of others? That the whole notion of a nuclear war between Communists and Capitalists was just a misunderstanding and we should freely allow communist ideas to be taught and discussed as logical in America? I heard people scoff at the idea of executing the U.S. solider who was the perpetrator of the Wiki Leaks information. Did I miss the memo that suddenly treason wasn't punishable by death? Why? Because it is the year 2012? I heard Occupy Wall Street protestors openly saying they were communists. Why were they not considered an adversary? Did I miss the memo that communism is something that is "okay" and just another viewpoint? Why? Because the Warsaw Pact is gone?

"I urge you to beware the temptation of pride — the temptation of blithely declaring yourselves above it all and label both sides equally at fault, to ignore the facts of history and the aggressive impulses of an evil empire, to simply call the arms race a giant misunderstanding and thereby remove yourself from the struggle between right and wrong and good and evil.”

Ronald Reagan said that 29 years ago and dammit he was right. You're trying to disavow all these anti-Capitalistic ideas and say that my capitalism argument about the Cold War and what capitalism and business means to America is all just some misunderstanding and declare yourselves above it all.

There is right and wrong, good and evil. We are the last best hope for free men on Earth. If we change our ideals, which is what this President has shown at the very least an inclination for which to do, then we have truly lost our way.

You are literally the worst caricature of a Reagan supporter I have ever seen.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 03:14:56 PM »

Obama was a constitutional law professor at Harvard.

No, he wasn't.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No, it's not.

Who was it who said, "It's not that our friends on the Left know so little; it's that they know so much that simply isn't so"?

Well, whoever said it, truer words were never spoken.

According to the University itself, yes Obama was a professor, just not a full-time one.

As for Romney, is he running on his record as Governor of Massachusetts? Or his he running on his record at Bain and/or at the Olympics? Since he seems to be running away from his gubernatorial record, he's probably running on his business record.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies