The direction of the Republican Party if Romney loses (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:43:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  The direction of the Republican Party if Romney loses (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The direction of the Republican Party if Romney loses  (Read 9514 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: July 20, 2012, 04:39:29 PM »
« edited: July 20, 2012, 05:05:19 PM by Senator Sbane »

Trying to get Asian votes with opposition to UHC is the wrong move imo. They are moderates and are in favor of UHC generally speaking. You can get them to oppose a specific program like Obamacare (which I don't think they are opposed to currently but I haven't seen any polling) but they will demand a different UHC replacement. This is why I don't think the repeal of Obamacare is going far. Obamacare I would think is far more palatable to Republicans than other options when it comes to implementing UHC. Opposition to UHC is a very American thing...perhaps having something to do with the racial history of America..... but whatever it may be, people outside America don't understand why the government would not provide medical care for people who need it in a rich nation.

The way to get Asian votes would be to focus on the deficit and unnecessary spending. Reforming public employee pensions and wages could be a successful issue. Reforming, as opposed to getting rid of, entitlement programs like Medicare and Medicaid could work as well. But most of all Republicans need to exude moderation and ally themselves less with the white, christian nationalist wing of the party.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies