SENATE BILL: The Vice Presidential Reform Amendment of 2012 (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:16:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: The Vice Presidential Reform Amendment of 2012 (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: The Vice Presidential Reform Amendment of 2012 (Failed)  (Read 3647 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: July 14, 2012, 05:37:37 PM »

I don't think allowing Senators to shirk their duties is a good idea. We elected you to make a decision, abstentions should be disallowed in these circumstances.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 10:10:21 AM »

The title wording was a mistake.  Sorry about that.

Amendment:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sorry, but I oppose this measure.

Right now, we do have mechanism to ensure that the Vice President is an active part of the cabinet and, in general words, the executive power. Considering that the Vice President can become President at any moment, he should be more attached to the executive, rather than legislative.

Beside, we don't need 11th Senator.

Unlike most vice presidents, you've been given two positions in the cabinet, so you already have a more active role.  Most VPs (like Tmthforu) were not able to do very much with their power.  I see no harm that might come out of giving the VP legislative power so that the office carries more than just a title and a small chance of ascending to the presidency.

Tmthforu could've be given a Cabinet position.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 05:28:56 PM »

Aye.

I also think encouraging even greater ways to involve the voters into the legislative process will make the game more popular. We should expand on this.

In practice it is a failure.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 08:35:56 PM »

Aye.

I also think encouraging even greater ways to involve the voters into the legislative process will make the game more popular. We should expand on this.

In practice it is a failure.

What practice? At the regional level you mean?

No it works in the Northeast but we've seen how useless the iniative amendment was.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies