Do you smoke? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:17:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Do you smoke? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: This can include cigarettes, cigars, pipes, weed, meth, whatever you smoke.
Yes

No

Only at parties

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 85

Author Topic: Do you smoke?  (Read 11584 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: July 14, 2012, 02:13:52 PM »

I'm the only one who voted for option three? I feel bad now.

Why on earth would you want anybody else to know about it, and then subject them to your second-hand smoke?  If I smoked, I'd be sure to only do so in private, for much the same reasons that I fart and pick my nose in private too.  Smoking is one of the most antisocial activities around, and you do it at parties?!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 02:44:05 PM »

I'm the only one who voted for option three? I feel bad now.

Why on earth would you want anybody else to know about it, and then subject them to your second-hand smoke?  If I smoked, I'd be sure to only do so in private, for much the same reasons that I fart and pick my nose in private too.  Smoking is one of the most antisocial activities around, and you do it at parties?!

Woah sorry. It isn't taboo. Tongue

Smoking is actually a very social activity, and don't get me wrong it isn't like I do it all the time, but hey, you only live once. Plus I'm at University so what do you expect?

I believe its sarcasm.

You believe wrong.

Those who believe smoking isn't antisocial are the same type of people who think it's a great idea to start doing it in the first place, so their judgement is already distorted.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 03:02:35 PM »

Great rebuttal!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 03:10:11 PM »

This bothers me. Not all smokers get cancer. Even so, no matter how childish it sounds, I'd rather die at 50-something knowing I lived a fun life and smoked than live to be 90 and not have had any fun at all.

Because smoking is the key to living a fun life? I know you'll have loads of fun lugging around your oxygen tank and undergoing chemo.

Beat me to it.  That POV is one of the more retarded arguments in favor of smoking there are.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 03:22:43 PM »

Your totally on-topic photoshopped picture of the president and your use of the non-word "irregardless" has completely convinced me of your ironclad position.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 08:58:35 PM »

To those who clearly misunderstood my point here - I don't personally give a sh**t what people do on their own, or to themselves, or their lungs.  My point was that it is extremely rude to do it around other people who don't smoke.  The increased risk of cancer is one thing; having my hair and clothes smell like a dumpster due to somebody else's habit is just unacceptable.  Would you like it if I spat all over you at a party, and then got all affronted when asked to stop?

"Social smoking" is an oxymoron, and it's very telling that the smokers in this thread apparently don't get that.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 05:46:07 PM »

Rude people are going to do rude things whether they smoke or don't. Making generalizations beyond that doesn't do any good.

The amazing thing is the smokers who aren't generally rude people, and yet don't even realize their behavior is antisocial, or worse, dont even care.  I don't get the cognitive dissonance of these people.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies