Conservatives turning against Romney on tax returns (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:11:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Conservatives turning against Romney on tax returns (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Conservatives turning against Romney on tax returns  (Read 3741 times)
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« on: July 15, 2012, 09:41:26 PM »
« edited: July 15, 2012, 09:43:56 PM by Yank2133 »

What's really inexcusable about all of this is that Mitt had to have known this would eventually happen. He was being mentioned as a presidential hopeful as early as 2005, so he's essentially been running for president for at least seven years. You'd think he would have said to himself, "Hey, anything I do financially this year is probably going to have to be released to the public on my tax returns, so I'd better not make any investments that would be a potential political liability! I'd better not keep a bunch of overseas bank accounts either!" He did none of that.

When someone demands that you release a particular document, dragging it out and prolonging it is only going to make it worse. Barack Obama made that mistake with his birth certificate. Rick Perry used his 2010 opponent's refusal to release his tax returns as justification for not doing a televised debate. Politicians need to accept that their entire lives become fair game, for better or worse. If you don't want to reveal something, in the public's mind it has to be because you have something to hide.

Thats what makes this even more pathetic, how do you not have answers for the tax/Bain problem?

It really shows you incompetent his team really is,  they have been caught flat-footed on issues that they really should have been ready to answer, Obama going after Mitt on taxes and Bain Capital was predictable......yet this clowns didn't have an answer and may have just allowed Obama to define them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies