Texas GOP Senate Runoff (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:54:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Texas GOP Senate Runoff (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you  vote for?
David Dewhurst

Ted Cruz

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Texas GOP Senate Runoff  (Read 20340 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: August 01, 2012, 03:40:35 AM »

Congratulations Senator Cruz. Tongue

Lets face it, it's highly unlikely he loses the general.
In that spirit, congratulations Representatives Williams, Veasey, Vela, and Stockman. Perhaps a tad too early to add congratulations Representative Weber (though if Nick Lampson manages to return to Congress again, I'll laugh about as long and hard as I will if Roscoe Bartlett survives. Ciro Rodriguez' reretread attempt has ended, meanwhile. Quico can't be happy as Gallego is the stronger GE candidate.)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 02:24:58 PM »

Congratulations Senator Cruz. Tongue

Lets face it, it's highly unlikely he loses the general.
In that spirit, congratulations Representatives Williams, Veasey, Vela, and Stockman. Perhaps a tad too early to add congratulations Representative Weber (though if Nick Lampson manages to return to Congress again, I'll laugh about as long and hard as I will if Roscoe Bartlett survives. Ciro Rodriguez' reretread attempt has ended, meanwhile. Quico can't be happy as Gallego is the stronger GE candidate.)

Interesting vote totals:

Primary: Dewhurst 627,731 Cruz 480,558
Runoff: Cruz 631,114, Dewhurst 480,010

Lol, that's hilarious.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 04:37:58 AM »

What happened in Val Verde County? I would have thought that would be strong Cruz territory, obviously I'm not very familiar with the area.
Maybe voters voting in the congressional primary for Gallego.  It was Dewhurst 302 Cruz 298, but 1700 votes were cast in the congressional race.

Is that legal in Texas, voting in both parties' primaries?
There weren't any votes from Foard County in either the primary or runoff. Are there just no registered Republicans there?
Texas has some weird laws where you need somebody from the county to organize the primary, and I think foot some bills as well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies