Texas GOP Senate Runoff (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:21:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Texas GOP Senate Runoff (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you  vote for?
David Dewhurst

Ted Cruz

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Texas GOP Senate Runoff  (Read 20324 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: July 17, 2012, 12:49:52 PM »

David Dewhurst, of course.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 09:45:24 PM »

*sigh*

It's not impossible, but its not looking good for Team Dewhurst. Sad
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 11:48:27 PM »

*sigh*

It's not impossible, but its not looking good for Team Dewhurst. Sad

I agree. Its a shame the TX GOP is on track to replace KBH with Ted Cruz, in my view.
I actually don't mind Cruz too much. I'm sure he'll make a fine US Senator. I just know Governor Perry, and I have met Dewhurst, which is why I'd like for him to win. At least if he loses, he'll still be Leut. Governor.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 04:47:08 PM »

I'm disappointed in this race... Dewhurst is far more qualified and I would have loved to support him- but those ads were vile. I've watched some of Cruz's statements and he is a smart, qualified individual and I saw him begin a debate answer on qualifications by recognizing Dewhurt's service... I hope he will be a fine US Senator if elected and remember why he ran in the first place
I'm in pretty much the same boat - I think Dewhurst was more qualified and would have served well in the US Senate. I think this is one of those races though, that even though it was a bloody primary, neither candidate is really that bad, and both will easily win this November and be a reliable Republican vote in the Senate.

My sad prediction: Cruz 57, Dewhurst 43
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 10:37:25 PM »

I keep thinking of the tea party losers who have cost the GOP a Senate majority or jeopardized otherwise sure wins:  Miller (AK), O'Donnell (DE), Murdock (IN), and Fischer (NE).  Cruz isn't in this category, so it is less daunting.

O'Donnell is the only one who fits that category. The GOP still held Alaska, Indiana and Nebraska are still likely GOP

Indiana is not likely GOP. Mourdock will probably hang on, but its a pure tossup.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 12:52:29 AM »

I keep thinking of the tea party losers who have cost the GOP a Senate majority or jeopardized otherwise sure wins:  Miller (AK), O'Donnell (DE), Murdock (IN), and Fischer (NE).  Cruz isn't in this category, so it is less daunting.

O'Donnell is the only one who fits that category. The GOP still held Alaska, Indiana and Nebraska are still likely GOP

Indiana is not likely GOP. Mourdock will probably hang on, but its a pure tossup.

Right now, and thats because I am sure there are still a few butt hurt Lugar supporters, but I think eventually enough of them will come home. I heard earlier that Lugar is getting behind Mourdock so I don't see why this race should remain a toss up much longer.
Lugar said right after the election he'd support Mourdock, but he won't be stumping for him.

IIRC, Donnelly raised more than Mourdock in June. If not for the Obamacare vote, I think he'd be running away with this.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 09:43:13 PM »

County map, anyone?

I'm a bit disappointed about Cruz winning, even if their voting records would have been similar. It's not a good situation for the Dems for the far-right to get energized (unless it would result in another Angle, O'Donnell, etc.). Also, another token minority GOPer helps them pretend they aren't anti-minority (though Cruz is Cuban which is the only minority group that has been consistently GOP).
Republicans aren't anti-minority.  I'm disappointed to because although I'm conservative, I think it sends a bad message to Republicans in other states (to keep nominating unelectable candidates to maintain ideological purity.)
These type of races don't bother me as much, since the GOP will win the seat regardless and Cruz isn't too far out there. Where it bother's me is states like Indiana and Nevada, Delaware, and Colorado 2010. Those are 3 2010 that the GOP should have won if they nominated the right candidates.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies