Texas GOP Senate Runoff (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:25:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Texas GOP Senate Runoff (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you  vote for?
David Dewhurst

Ted Cruz

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Texas GOP Senate Runoff  (Read 20310 times)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 17, 2012, 02:00:49 PM »

Cruz, but because I am out of state and just had last minute wisdom teet hsurgery schedualed I won't be back in time to vote Cry
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 10:15:34 AM »

I thought the Lt. Gov's office in Texas was pretty weak.

In Texas we have a Dual Executive type of Government so both the Governor and Lt. Governor have roughly equal power.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 05:53:45 PM »

I wouldn't say Cruz is a Paul type. After all, Santorum endorsed him. Wink

Cruz is closer to Rand than he is to Santorum and a ton of libertarians* and actual conservatives support him.

*Some, such as my self, unenthusiastically.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 12:05:05 PM »

Si
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 02:33:35 AM »

I'm normally not one to criticize ones fashion, but what is she wearing? Those sunglasses and booth and booths stitched onto dress makes here look like some rich suburban Californian lady failing hard at pretending to be a Texan
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 12:22:45 PM »

Smiley

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come for the 2014 Texas races. Perry barely avoided a run-off in 2010 I doubt he'll be so lucky in 2 years
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 11:14:27 AM »

Today's the day. Cheesy

Time for Dewhurst to go down in flames. For those paying attention to the race I cannot see how any of them are still Dewhurst supporters after his tasteless ads.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 05:01:02 PM »

I think this is one of those races though, that even though it was a bloody primary, neither candidate is really that bad.

You got that backwards. This is indeed a lesser of two evils situation. Cruz is a decent step up from the current TX establishment GOP, and for that reason I'll support him over Dewhurst, but the only really good candidate in the race was Glen Addison.

I am still undecided for the general election, if the TX Libertarians run a decent candidate he/she'll likely have my vote.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 05:11:12 PM »

Just why is there so much fuss about this race again?

Well in Texas this is shaping up to be a large victory for the conservative and libertarian activists over the establishment and on the national level it shifts the Senate GOP a hair bit more to the right. Somewhere in America, Jim DeMint is a happy man.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 10:03:31 PM »

I keep thinking of the tea party losers who have cost the GOP a Senate majority or jeopardized otherwise sure wins:  Miller (AK), O'Donnell (DE), Murdock (IN), and Fischer (NE).  Cruz isn't in this category, so it is less daunting.

O'Donnell is the only one who fits that category. The GOP still held Alaska, Indiana and Nebraska are still likely GOP
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 11:29:47 PM »

I keep thinking of the tea party losers who have cost the GOP a Senate majority or jeopardized otherwise sure wins:  Miller (AK), O'Donnell (DE), Murdock (IN), and Fischer (NE).  Cruz isn't in this category, so it is less daunting.

O'Donnell is the only one who fits that category. The GOP still held Alaska, Indiana and Nebraska are still likely GOP

Indiana is not likely GOP. Mourdock will probably hang on, but its a pure tossup.

Right now, and thats because I am sure there are still a few butt hurt Lugar supporters, but I think eventually enough of them will come home. I heard earlier that Lugar is getting behind Mourdock so I don't see why this race should remain a toss up much longer.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 09:12:26 PM »

Republicans aren't anti-minority.  I'm disappointed to because although I'm conservative, I think it sends a bad message to Republicans in other states (to keep nominating unelectable candidates to maintain ideological purity.)

No, it sends the message that we don't want Dewhurst and Perry can expect a tough fight for re-election in the primary. again. On also, how on earth his Dewhurst more electable than Cruz? Or at the very least it sends the message that the establishment GOP needs to recruit candidates who do note have a feeling of entitlement.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies