Texas GOP Senate Runoff (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:39:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Texas GOP Senate Runoff (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you  vote for?
David Dewhurst

Ted Cruz

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Texas GOP Senate Runoff  (Read 20328 times)
stegosaurus
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 1.83

« on: July 23, 2012, 02:33:57 AM »

Being the "establishment candidate" does not make one a moderate. I voted for Cruz because Dewhurst is an establishment brat with an entitlement complex; not because the latter lacks right-wing cred. Dewhurst is a party line Republican, no more or less.

Ted Cruz is a proponent of the "Obama is anti-American" dumbassery, but is less likely to be the special-interest stooge that Dewhurst would be. There's virtually no difference between the two ideologically.

stegosaurus
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 04:39:50 PM »

DeMint, Palin and Rand Paul are stumping for Cruz today. Santorum's headlining a Dallas rally tomorrow.

My early prediction: Cruz by 10-12.

In other news, The Texas Conservatives Fund (Pro-Dewhurst SuperPAC) just dropped another 500,000$ into anti-Cruz advertising. This is why Dewhurst is going to lose the run-off. There is no grassroots presence for Dewhurst, no buzz, and certainly no conservative celebrity support of this magnitude. He's hoping he can spend and slander his way to the nod, but that's not how run off elections. I believe it's evidence that Dewhurst has never faced a serious opponent, he looks politically inexperienced next to the polished Cruz.

I stand by my prediction, Cruz breaks 60%.
stegosaurus
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 10:41:16 AM »

Cruz leads by 30 pts (63-33) with those 'very excited' to vote. Those voters win run off elections; stick a fork in Dewhurst.
stegosaurus
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 03:47:38 PM »
« Edited: August 01, 2012, 04:58:37 PM by stegosaurus »

A bit short of my >60% prediction, but a decisive win none-the-less. I'm not a tea partier (I actually support the ACA) and I have strong disagreements with him on a number of issues, but Ted Cruz is an honest, hardworking individual who genuinely wants what (he thinks) is best for Texas and America. All things considered, he'll be the statesman that an entitled brat like Dewhurst could never be and I'm glad people here came around to this.

In other good news; Fmr. Lt. Governor and celebrated moderate Republican Bill Ratliff's son (Bennett Ratliff) narrowly beat out  Steve Nguyen, an optometrist who refers to himself as "Doctor" and who went to Washington to lobby for the bill (ACA) that he now says is "inconsistent with American values". It was narrow (51-49, ~350 votes), but a bullet was dodged for the people of NW Dallas.
stegosaurus
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 07:55:34 PM »

They'll be too dumb to know the difference. (Seabiscut joke)
stegosaurus
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 12:20:26 PM »

What happened in Val Verde County? I would have thought that would be strong Cruz territory, obviously I'm not very familiar with the area.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies