Texas GOP Senate Runoff (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:38:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Texas GOP Senate Runoff (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you  vote for?
David Dewhurst

Ted Cruz

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Texas GOP Senate Runoff  (Read 20315 times)
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 17, 2012, 12:40:01 PM »

The conservative star, not the slimy moderate toad.

From the little I've seen of this race (haven't really paid attention to the Texas Senate elections), Dewhurst doesn't even seem all that moderate, and is really slimy. And no Democrat is going to win here, so I guess I'm rooting for Cruz.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 09:55:53 AM »

How "Tea Party" is Cruz?  Is he a true believer like DeMint?  Or someone who'll probably try to calibrate his message to serve ambitions for higher office, a la Rubio?  Is Cruz the type of candidate who could be the "diversity" pick on the VP shortlist for the 2016 GOP presidential nominee, a la Rubio in 2012?  Or is it too early to tell?

He can't be on the ticket unless we do some tweaking with the Constitution: he was born in Canada.

But wasn't he born to an American citizen mother? If he becomes popular enough, I suspect that the GOP will go by the birthright citizenship interpretation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies