Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 04:37:33 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Gubernatorial/Statewide Elections (Moderator: Joe Republic)
| | |-+  Tea Party in Connecticut
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tea Party in Connecticut  (Read 556 times)
homelycooking
YaBB God
Belize

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2012, 10:44:36 pm »
Ignore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq1muuBItdQ&feature=related

Here's a fascinating document of the Connecticut income tax protests under the Lowell Weicker administration. This rally, the largest public political protest in the history of Connecticut, drew anywhere from 40,000 to 80,000 people to the grounds of the State Capitol. The rally was orchestrated by Tom Scott - the skillful rabble-rouser, talk-radio host, unsuccessful Congressional candidate and conservative icon. (He also bears a striking resemblance to Chris Murphy...) The themes and imagery of the protest - American and Gadsden flags, fife and drum corps, rhetorical appeals to American exceptionalism and disgust for political corruption - are incredibly striking. At 2:24 in the video you will even see a homemade sign which reads "Hartford Tea Party".

The date of the protest was October 5, 1991.
smoltchanov
YaBB God
Russian Federation
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 11:07:23 pm »
Ignore

These idiots are present even there? I always considered Connecticut a very reasonable state)))

Raging moderate. Big fan of "mavericks" (in all parties) and big non-lover of "reliable foot soldiers" (in all parties as well). Very much "anti-tea party". Political Matrix - E: -0.26, S: -3.48
Senator JCL and the geologist
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 12:34:58 am »
Ignore

The Tea Party isn't a bunch of idiots. Maybe they like Ron Paul and the like have been genuinely concerned about fiscal issues.

Congressional Races
Jackie Walorski (R/IN-2)
Marlin Stutzman (R/IN-3)
Todd Rokita (R/IN-4)
Chard Reid (Lib/IN-5)
Luke Messer (R/IN-6)
Tom Massie (R/KY-4)
David Brat (R/VA-7)
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 01:31:54 am »
Ignore

These idiots are present even there? I always considered Connecticut a very reasonable state)))

This was back in 1991. Their solution was to elect the crook in my signature three times before he finally got carted off to prison.

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
smoltchanov
YaBB God
Russian Federation
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 02:27:45 am »
Ignore

The Tea Party isn't a bunch of idiots. Maybe they like Ron Paul and the like have been genuinely concerned about fiscal issues.

I have a modest fiscal conservative streak myself. Modest, but still - ..... So i can live with fiscal conservatism. And i respect Ron Paul, despite big difference in views. But most of tea-party types i know brandish very agressive social conservatism, and that makes their "conservatism" absolutely unappealing to me.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 02:36:58 am by smoltchanov »Logged

Raging moderate. Big fan of "mavericks" (in all parties) and big non-lover of "reliable foot soldiers" (in all parties as well). Very much "anti-tea party". Political Matrix - E: -0.26, S: -3.48
smoltchanov
YaBB God
Russian Federation
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 02:34:13 am »
Ignore

This was back in 1991. Their solution was to elect the crook in my signature three times before he finally got carted off to prison.

Thanks for info))).

Well, most famous crook from Connecticut i know, is, probably, Rowland. At the same time - i have a lot of respect for Jodi Rell, despite her being his running mate... Strange things happens in politics))

asexual trans victimologist
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 03:01:18 am »
Ignore

Thanks for info))).

Well, most famous crook from Connecticut i know, is, probably, Rowland. At the same time - i have a lot of respect for Jodi Rell, despite her being his running mate... Strange things happens in politics))

The man in Napoleon's signature is indeed Rowland.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 03:10:06 am by Nathan »Logged

A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights.

His idea of freedom is - it is a bad thing and should be stopped at all costs.

Nathan-land.  As much fun as watching paint dry... literally.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout