Tea Party in Connecticut
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 02:29:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Tea Party in Connecticut
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tea Party in Connecticut  (Read 1011 times)
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 17, 2012, 10:44:36 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq1muuBItdQ&feature=related

Here's a fascinating document of the Connecticut income tax protests under the Lowell Weicker administration. This rally, the largest public political protest in the history of Connecticut, drew anywhere from 40,000 to 80,000 people to the grounds of the State Capitol. The rally was orchestrated by Tom Scott - the skillful rabble-rouser, talk-radio host, unsuccessful Congressional candidate and conservative icon. (He also bears a striking resemblance to Chris Murphy...) The themes and imagery of the protest - American and Gadsden flags, fife and drum corps, rhetorical appeals to American exceptionalism and disgust for political corruption - are incredibly striking. At 2:24 in the video you will even see a homemade sign which reads "Hartford Tea Party".

The date of the protest was October 5, 1991.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 11:07:23 PM »

These idiots are present even there? I always considered Connecticut a very reasonable state)))
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 12:34:58 AM »

The Tea Party isn't a bunch of idiots. Maybe they like Ron Paul and the like have been genuinely concerned about fiscal issues.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 01:31:54 AM »

These idiots are present even there? I always considered Connecticut a very reasonable state)))

This was back in 1991. Their solution was to elect the crook in my signature three times before he finally got carted off to prison.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 02:27:45 AM »
« Edited: July 18, 2012, 02:36:58 AM by smoltchanov »

The Tea Party isn't a bunch of idiots. Maybe they like Ron Paul and the like have been genuinely concerned about fiscal issues.

I have a modest fiscal conservative streak myself. Modest, but still - ..... So i can live with fiscal conservatism. And i respect Ron Paul, despite big difference in views. But most of tea-party types i know brandish very agressive social conservatism, and that makes their "conservatism" absolutely unappealing to me.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 02:34:13 AM »

This was back in 1991. Their solution was to elect the crook in my signature three times before he finally got carted off to prison.

Thanks for info))).

Well, most famous crook from Connecticut i know, is, probably, Rowland. At the same time - i have a lot of respect for Jodi Rell, despite her being his running mate... Strange things happens in politics))
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 03:01:18 AM »
« Edited: July 18, 2012, 03:10:06 AM by Nathan »

Thanks for info))).

Well, most famous crook from Connecticut i know, is, probably, Rowland. At the same time - i have a lot of respect for Jodi Rell, despite her being his running mate... Strange things happens in politics))

The man in Napoleon's signature is indeed Rowland.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies