Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2014, 03:38:13 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections
| | |-+  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Tender Branson, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | | |-+  NJ: Quinnipiac University: Obama leads by double-digits
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NJ: Quinnipiac University: Obama leads by double-digits  (Read 678 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

P P P

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2012, 01:30:57 pm »

New Poll: New Jersey President by Quinnipiac University on 2012-07-17

Summary: D: 49%, R: 38%, I: 2%, U: 11%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 02:15:43 pm »
Ignore

Seems a little closer than it should be but whatever. It's not like Romney will be wasting his time here.

asexual trans victimologist
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 04:23:31 pm »
Ignore

Seems a little closer than it should be but whatever. It's not like Romney will be wasting his time here.

New Jersey is probably the second most Republican-friendly Northeast Corridor state after New Hampshire (not counting Pennsylvania at the moment because so much of it is culturally Appalachian or Midwestern).

A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights.

His idea of freedom is - it is a bad thing and should be stopped at all costs.

Nathan-land.  As much fun as watching paint dry... literally.
krazen1211
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 04:36:22 pm »
Ignore

This is a very good poll. It is accurate both on the toplines and where it has Mitt Romney with a slight advantage among New Jersey whites and close among New Jersey independents.
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 04:43:01 pm »
Ignore

This is a very good poll. It is accurate both on the toplines and where it has Mitt Romney with a slight advantage among New Jersey whites and close among New Jersey independents.

For once we agree. With the exception that the undecideds are oddly high (which is par for the course for a university poll) it definitely seems reasonable that New Jersey should be about O+11-12. It puts us right in between 2004's K+7 and 2008's O+16, which I think is about accurate. New Jersey seems like a state where Romney might have greater-than-average pull.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 04:47:59 pm by Nathan »Logged

A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights.

timothyinMD

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 06:15:33 pm »
Ignore

You Democrats who are thinking Obama is gonna win by his 2008 margins or larger are delusional.   Obama ain't getting Jersey by 15 again.  MAYBE 10..
Gravis Marketing
brittain33
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 06:23:25 pm »
Ignore

You Democrats who are thinking Obama is gonna win by his 2008 margins or larger are delusional.   Obama ain't getting Jersey by 15 again.  MAYBE 10..

What posts are you responding to?
Senator Polnut
polnut
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 06:47:49 pm »
Ignore

I don't think he was responding... just making sure we knew.

Dogma is a comfortable thing, it saves you from thought - Sir Robert Menzies
HockeyDude
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.19, S: -8.78

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 07:52:58 pm »
Ignore

Romney's a nice fit in NJ for a Republican.  I get the sense that the suburban Republicans in North Jersey make like him more than anyone since Reagan.

He'll be happy with how here performs here regardless of the overall election results.  55-44 Obama in the end. 

Have you been to Oklahoma?! Roll Eyes To say that Oklahoma is better than NYC and Nantucket should be a criminal offense.

To say I despise Oklahoma would be the world's largest understatement. Even ISIS ranks higher than Oklahoma.
mondale84
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 09:03:09 pm »
Ignore

Romney's a nice fit in NJ for a Republican.  I get the sense that the suburban Republicans in North Jersey make like him more than anyone since Reagan.

He'll be happy with how here performs here regardless of the overall election results.  55-44 Obama in the end. 

Nate Silver did a great piece on this:

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/14/in-blue-new-jersey-red-spots-may-be-sign-of-the-past/

"There are no men like me. There's only me."
Jay20
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 01:17:32 am »
Ignore

Republicans have not won New Jersey since Dukakis was the Dem nominee. I don't think that any states which last voted Republican in 1988 are going to Romney.
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 03:01:47 pm »
Ignore

Republicans have not won New Jersey since Dukakis was the Dem nominee. I don't think that any states which last voted Republican in 1988 are going to Romney.

Nobody's contemplating New Jersey going to Romney.

krazen1211
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 05:46:55 pm »
Ignore

Nate Silver did a great piece on this:

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/14/in-blue-new-jersey-red-spots-may-be-sign-of-the-past/

Nate Silver picked an exceedingly poor set of examples to make an exceedingly poor point.. Both Morris and Somerset County moved less than the national average from 2004-2008, and Ocean and Monmouth barely shifted at all and Obama did not do a whole lot better than Kerry among suburban whites.

The state is not moving anywhere. All non Christie elections end up the same +- 1 point.
timothyinMD

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 02:44:14 pm »
Ignore

I don't think he was responding... just making sure we knew.

I was responding to "Eraserhead"'s comment
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout