'You Didn't Build That' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:11:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  'You Didn't Build That' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 'You Didn't Build That'  (Read 7901 times)
Darius_Addicus_Gaius
Rookie
United States

« on: July 27, 2012, 02:09:46 AM »

July 17, 2012

'You Didn't Build That'

On the President's burst of ideological candor.

“If you've got a business—you didn't build that.”

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304388004577533300916053684.html

Yes very typical of the left in this country to say such a thing.
Darius_Addicus_Gaius
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 02:58:51 PM »

...society is more like an ant-hill or bee-hive than a foot-race.

Not really. In an bee-hive, the life of the colony is more important than the life of the individual bee. In a human society (for most people), the life of the individual is more important than the life of the society. Therefore society is more like a foot-race.

What?  I guess you must be joking.  In case you haven't noticed, workers are killed in their millions in order to make society function.  You can think of society as a big machine designed for killing off the masses in order to 1) continue functioning, and 2) continue ensuring a life of ease, leisure, and luxury for those at the top.

So don't work and start your own business then. Or do you have some stupid conspiracy theory about how the fat cats are ganged up against the common man? Killing off the masses? Are you lumping us all together? You want the government to ensure that you make it in life? They'll be even more powerful than they already are. Have fun being dependent for the far left for every phase of life man. Then when you're old and sick they can pull the plug in order to cut costs so they can provide for welfare in exchange for votes and give themselves a raise with our tax dollars.
Darius_Addicus_Gaius
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 03:02:22 PM »

Also, the most likely reason Obama blurted that out is because he wanted to pander to the far left by saying something they can relate to in order to make sure they vote again.
Darius_Addicus_Gaius
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 12:18:49 AM »

So don't work and start your own business then.

Work and starting your own business are two different things - poors are forced to toil endless hours at jobs just to survive, myself included.  I work at least 12 hours per week.  It so happens that I also have my own business (a micro-business), but that requires hardly any 'work' at all, only investment.

12 hours per week? Are you a free loader? I spend 12 hours a week on the toilet. Hardly any work at all is the problem. I'm not asking how much you make but if it's worth money it takes hard work.
Darius_Addicus_Gaius
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 12:25:34 AM »

Nobody's life is taken from them forcibly. They have to work, but consider that society would collapse if nobody did any work -- somebody's got to, and those that don't have money have something clear to gain from doing work (money).

But don't  you see - those who 'have money' are controllers - they control the labor of those who do not have, and do not labour at all themselves.  It is a system of forcible control.

Those at the top are there by virtue of how much money they have, that's true, and I honestly can't think of a better system. There are no toils related to keeping them there -- they stay there by virtue of inertia if they are smart and know how to use their money. If they are not smart, eventually they fall (go bankrupt) no matter how many workers are on their payroll.

The toils I referred to are things like - managing their interests, guarding them, etc.  They require protection and assistance - hence the existence of the 'house ******' or middle class.

Control the labor of those who do not have? Are you suggesting that someone else should control the labor market? Someone who gives you money? I'm not sure what your point is but it sounds typical of the Democratic Party. People fall in business if they're not smart so let's just let that happen if it's the case. Most in the private sector are smarter than the government when it comes to business though because they actually experience things first hand rather than through advisers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies