Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2014, 05:21:07 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Election What-ifs? (Moderators: Bacon King, Dallasfan65)
| | |-+  Division: 2012 and onward!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Division: 2012 and onward!  (Read 904 times)
All In For KC
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« on: July 19, 2012, 04:15:52 pm »
Ignore

Note: I have a history of making quick timelines that usually focus on elections, specifically election night. I plan to spend a little more time and effort on this one than I may sometimes do. Wink

Friday, August 17th, 2012

Mitt Romney:
Hello, greetings my friends! It's great to be in the beautiful state of Florida, the Sunshine State.

Today, I'm here with you to make a special announcement. I'm here today to announce who the next Vice President of the United States will be!

We began this process back in April, and over the past few months, have slowly whittled down the list to a few names. This process wasn't easy - there were multiple candidates whom I believed were very qualified, certainly better for the job than our current Vice President!

America, your next Vice President is a person who, while we had our banters, is a true American patriot. This is a person who served two terms as a Governor with a strong record of compromise, yet also standing by conservative principles. This is a person who loves God, loves his country, and has been a fighter for conservatives across our nation. I have the utmost confidence in this person's abilities, and I know that together, we can bring America to a new day of hope and prosperity.

Ladies and gentleman, please join me in welcoming the next Vice President of the United States, from the great state of Arkansas, Governor Mike Huckabee!

Mike Huckabee:
Thank you, Governor Romney! It is an honor and a privilege to be able to run with you, and together, I believe we can take back America!

Four years ago, Mitt and I were opponents. There’s a lot that happens when you are running against somebody in a primary, but it was never personal between Mitt Romney and me. We both share a passion for our country. Now is certainly a time for all Republicans to unite as one and work our hardest to make sure Barack Obama is a one-term President!

When you look at what Mitt and I bring to the table, you have two former executives who have real experience at managing something, both in the private sector and running a state. That right there is something our opponents never had before ascending to their current positions. Barack Obama never managed anything in his life until he was elected President, and now our nation is paying for it dearly. With a Romney/Huckabee administration, America, you'll have an administration working for you, committed to improving the American way of life and giving you all reason to BELIEVE IN AMERICA! In the coming months, I will do everything I can possibly do to ensure that Mitt Romney is elected the 45th President of the United States.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."
-Jackie Robinson
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 04:24:28 pm »
Ignore

Awesome start! Smiley

If a burial strikes my family as too practical, I'd go for either a viking funeral on one of the Great Lakes or to be sealed up in a tomb with my closest servants and bang-maids so they may wait on my every need in the afterlife.
All In For KC
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 05:37:05 pm »
Ignore

Recap of Senate Primaries/State of Senate Races:

Arizona: Jeff Flake vs. Richard Carmona
California: Dianne Feinstein* vs. Elizabeth Emken
Connecticut: Chris Murphy vs. Linda McMahon
Delaware: Tom Carper* vs. Kevin Wade
Florida: Kathy Castor vs. Jeb Bush
Hawaii: Mazie Hirono vs. Charles Djou
Indiana: Mike Pence vs. Joe Donnelly
Maine: Olympia Snowe* vs. Cynthia Dill vs. Scott D'Amboise
Maryland: Ben Cardin* vs. Dan Bongino
Massachusetts: Scott Brown* vs. Elizabeth Warren
Michigan: Debbie Stabenow* vs. Pete Hoekstra
Minnesota: Amy Klobuchar* vs. Kurt Bills
Mississippi: Roger Wicker* vs. Albert N. Gore Jr.
Missouri: Claire McCaskill* vs. Sarah Steelman
Montana: Jon Tester* vs. Denny Rehberg
Nebraska: Bob Kerrey vs. Deb Fischer
Nevada: Dean Heller* vs. Shelley Berkley
New Jersey: Bob Menendez* vs. Joe Kyrillos
New Mexico: Martin Heinrich vs. Heather Wilson
New York: Kirsten Gillibrand* vs. Wendy Long
North Dakota: Heidi Heitkamp vs. Rick Berg
Ohio: Sherrod Brown* vs. Josh Mandel
Pennsylvania: Bob Casey Jr.* vs. Tom Smith
Rhode Island: Sheldon Whitehouse* vs. Barry Hinckley
Tennessee: Bob Corker* vs. Mark Clayton
Texas: David Dewhurst vs. Paul Sadler
Utah: Jason Chaffetz vs. Scott Howell
Vermont: Bernie Sanders* vs. Kevin Dorn
Virginia: Tim Kaine vs. George Allen
Washington: Maria Cantwell* vs. Michael Baumgartner
West Virginia: Joe Manchin* vs. John Raese
Wisconsin: Tammy Baldwin vs. Eric Hovde
Wyoming: John Barrasso, running unopposed

Polling

Notes:
- In summer 2011, Jeb Bush ultimately decided to run for Senate in Florida. Just several days after the announcement, a Mason-Dixon poll showed the former Governor defeating Senator Nelson by 9 points. A week later, Nelson announced he would not seek reelection.
- Olympia Snowe announced in mid-February that she would indeed seek reelection. After failing to gain traction in the primary, "RINO Hunter" Scott D'Amboise launched an Independent campaign, arguing he's the only conservative in the race.
- In Utah, Orrin Hatch ultimately decided not to seek another term, and shortly afterwards, Congressman Jason Chaffetz entered the race.
- In Indiana, Senator Dick Lugar decided not to run for reelection after Congressman Mike Pence threw his name into the hat.

Recap of Gubernatorial Primaries/State of Gubernatorial Races:

Delaware: Jack Markell* vs. Jeff Cragg
Indiana: Becky Skillman vs. John Gregg
Missouri: Jay Nixon* vs. Pete Kinder
Montana: Steve Bullock vs. Rick Hill
New Hampshire: TBA vs. TBA
North Carolina: Walter Dalton vs. Pat McCrory
North Dakota: Jack Dalrymple* vs. Ryan Taylor
Utah: Gary Herbert* vs. Peter Cooke
Vermont: Peter Shumlin vs. Randy Brock
Washington: Jay Inslee vs. Rob McKenna
West Virginia: Earl Ray Tomblin vs. Bill Maloney

Polling

Notes:
- In Indiana, Lt. Governor Becky Skillman decided to run for Governor after Mike Pence launched his campaign for Senate.

-Jackie Robinson
All In For KC
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 06:53:25 pm »
Ignore

Monday, August 27th, 2012

The Republican National Convention
Tampa Bay, Florida

Notable Speakers:
Wife of Presumptive Nominee Ann Romney
Senator Rob Portman of Ohio
Senator Dean Heller of Nevada
Congressman Kevin McCarthy of California
Governor Rick Perry of Texas

Senator Rob Portman:
America is, and forever will be, the greatest nation on Earth. In some of our most difficult times, our nation has banded together, and we have overcome the odds. Right now, with tense foreign affairs and a struggling economy at home, we are in one of those difficult times. Now is the time for a leader that will bring our party together! Now is a time to elect Governor Mitt Romney and Governor Mike Huckabee to the White House! Together, we can restore and renew America!

Senator Dean Heller:
Mitt Romney is a candidate for all Americans - We need a President who is ready to stand up and fight for the American people. A President who believes in a small, fiscally conservative government. A President who believes America must lead from the front, not from behind. Mitt Romney can be that President...Mitt Romney will be that President!

Ann Romney:
It's an honor to speak with you all today! Public speaking was something I never thought I'd be doing, but here I am today! My husband, Mitt, has always been a proud American, and he's always shown love and compassion for this country. God has blessed Mitt and myself with monetary success - Democrats often use this to attack not only Mitt, but our family. Recently, my horse was even shown in a DNC television ad!

It is a blessing, not a curse, that we have been blessed financially. Mitt wants an America where all Americans can have the opportunity of success and prosperity. Under the current administration, we haven't had that success, rather, we've had over 40 straight months of unemployment over 8%. I believe in an America where anyone, regardless of gender, race, or sexual orientation, can live the American dream. That's why I'm proud to stand beside my husband as we embark on this campaign to once again bring hope and prosperity to America!

-Jackie Robinson
HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.52

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 09:33:11 pm »
Ignore

I will be eagerly following this timeline!

All In For KC
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 10:07:05 pm »
Ignore

Tuesday, August 28th, 2012

The Republican National Convention (Continued)
Tampa Bay, Florida

Notable Speakers:
Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey
Senator John Thune of South Dakota
Former Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice
Governor Nikki Haley of South Carolina
Governor Susana Martinez of New Mexico

Susana Martinez:
From my days fighting for innocent children who could fight for themselves to serving as the Governor of the state of New Mexico, I've always been a relentless worker in improving the American way of life. This is a critical election, certainly, and I think this an election where our way of life could be endangered if we choose the wrong candidate. I support Mitt Romney because he'll take us down the path we need to go on - a path of focusing hard on fixing our economy by lowering taxes, cutting regulations, and reducing the size of government. A path that will once again make America  the leader of the world - I know Mitt, and he's not going to be a President who goes around apologizing for our nation! No, he'll be a President who boasts and is PROUD of our nation!

Condoleeza Rice:
I want to applaud President Obama for breaking a barrier and becoming the first African American President. It was a proud day to be an African American, but since, I have had nothing but disappointment. America needs a President who is strong, relentless, and will lead from the front. America needs a President who will not be timid in terms of foreign policy, but rather willing to do whatever necessary to ensure America and our allies are free and safe. We haven't had that type of leader since 2009, but we can have a leader like that come January 20th, 2013 when we inaugurate Mitt Romney as the 45th President of the United States!

Chris Christie:
I apparently have developed a reputation of being brash and a little brunt. Well, maybe that's what we need sometimes, not the BS that keeps coming from the White House!

This is my message to Americans - don't be fooled by President Obama's smear tactics. He's going to spend every ounce of energy trying to divert the attention away from what voters care most about - the economy. We've already seen a dose of these attempts to divert the conversation, whether it be the lovely Ann Romney's horses, the Romney's tax returns, wrongly and ridiculously accusing our nominee of being a felon, and so on and so forth.

Simply put, this President cannot let this race become about the economy because on this very important issue, Barack Obama has FAILED America! Unemployment has been consistently high throughout his administration, even higher when you consider the amount leaving the workforce alltogether. He may try and argue the economy is improving. It's not. Every day we get more news of a potential economic meltdown worldwide. I'm terrified of what a second term of an Obama administration would bring. Let's not let that happen. Instead, let's elect a leader who will put America on the right course. Let's elect a leader who will create economic prosperity, not economic hopelessness. American's, join me, and lets elect Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee to be those leaders for our nation!

-Jackie Robinson
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 10:17:39 pm »
Ignore

I think one thing our convention will do this year in real life, is showcase the republican stars of the 2010 elections. I look forward to watching it.

http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=195483.new#new
the birth of modern america & onward election Frederick Douglas becomes the 1st African American president of the united states when he wins election to the office in 1892 only 30 years after the height of slavery in the United States. He narrowly wins reelection in 1896 against William Jennings Bryan. Douglas runs again in 1900 and even indicated his interest in a 4th run in 1904 but Grover Cleveland wins the 1900 election.
morgieb
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 07:27:19 am »
Ignore

Continue.
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 03:24:52 pm »
Ignore

Continue.

There is a lot of humor to be mined from this as the mind of LBJ in the body of an 18 month old baby girl is quite hilarious.

Alfred is the Atlasian equivalent of a malevolent deity.

NHI
YaBB God

P P P
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 04:36:08 pm »
Ignore

Keep it up!

‎"Our president thinks this country's in decline. It is if he's president. It's not if I'm president." -- Mitt Romney

All In For KC
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 10:33:13 pm »
Ignore

Wednesday, August 29th, 2012

Tampa Bay, Florida

Notable Speakers:
Governor Bobby Jindal of Louisiana
Senator Marco Rubio of Florida
Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia
Senator John McCain of Arizona
Former Governor Mike Huckabee of Arkansas

Joe Manchin:
Four years ago, I proudly endorsed and campaigned for Barack Obama. Today, I stand before the delegates and announce my endorsement for Governor Mitt Romney!

This may come as a surprise, and I know I may ruffle some feathers. But at the end of the day, my heart is with America, and I cannot in good faith endorse this President for reelection. During his administration, we've seen the coal industry under constant attack, more and more West Virginians are without a job, and we have a federal government that is only creating more problems, not developing solutions. We need a new type of hope and change in the White House next January! We need Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee to be elected!

Marco Rubio:
My story is special: As the son of Cuban immigrants, my parents came to the United States hoping to achieve the American dream. Almost no money, no home...all they had to offer was hard work and determination, and luckily, they succeeded.

Under the current administration, capitalism is under attack. My message to the many entrepreneurs in our nation - According to our President, your company was not built from your hard work or investments. No, it was because of other people. We need a President who has faith in the American people. We need a President who will believe in America!

From Florida to Maine, Virginia to California, I urge Americans of all stripes to join me in electing Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee as the President and Vice President of the United States! Thank you, and God Bless America!

Mike Huckabee:
Earlier in this campaign, Barack Obama said that this campaign isn't about him - it's about you. He's exactly right on this particular issue. When gas prices raise to four dollars a gallon, it affects you. If you're a young couple losing your house, your credit rating, and the American dream, it's about you. This election is all about you, the American people, and finding a way to fix the mess our government has put you in.

Mitt Romney and myself our both outsiders - outsiders who worked with both sides in our state to create policies that helped both Massachusetts and Arkansas succeed. We believe in creating an America where you will have the opportunity to go out and do whatever you wish to do.

I get tired of hearing how the Democrats care about the working guy as if all Republicans grew up with silk stockings and silver spoons. In my little hometown of Hope, Arkansas, the three sacred heroes were Jesus, Elvis and FDR, not necessarily in that order. My father held two jobs, we could barely afford to pay the bills, and I never had a television in my house!

I'm not a Republican because I grew up rich. I'm a Republican because I didn't want to spend the rest of my life being poor, waiting for government handouts.

Ladies and Gentleman, this election offers America a clear choice: Join with me, and lets go down a path of hope and prosperity, not one of empty promises and false hope. Thank you, God Bless, and God Bless America!

-Jackie Robinson
Jerseyrules
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 03:53:30 pm »
Ignore

This is really good.  Keep it up, please Wink

Drink Too Much:
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=147022.0

An Empire of Stars and Stripes:

http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=156974.0

FOOL!  I AM Cathcon!

Endorsements:
President: Hillary Clinton
Governor: Brown (CA), Corbett (PA), Scott (FL)
House: Emken (CA)
Other: Rob McCoy (CA Assembly)

---------------------------------------

Libertarian Internationalist Monarchist
All In For KC
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 10:36:22 pm »
Ignore

Thursday, August 30th, 2012

Tampa Bay, Florida

Mitt Romney:
Good evening, my fellow Americans. It is a privilege and honor to stand before you tonight. I love America, but I do not love the direction our nation is facing. That being said, I proudly accept the nomination for President of the United States!

I believe in America, I believe in entrepreneurship and the idea that any American, regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation, has the right to go out there and live the American dream. I believe in developing a business-friendly environment, one with lower taxes, less regulation. A government that encourages private sector growth, not seeks to diminish it.

I do not believe in the direction President Obama is leading our nation, as his policies are against everything we, fiscal conservatives, believe in. Our nation has had over 40 straight months of unemployment over 8%. This President has amassed more debt than the previous 43 Presidents combined, and we're seeing new heights of government intervention with Obamacare, or Obamatax, which will put more hurt on American small businesses and families.

Friends, I urge you to join me in this attempt to restore America. Join Governor Huckabee and myself, and together, we can lead America to a better tomorrow. Thank you, and God Bless!

-Jackie Robinson
All In For KC
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 01:33:39 pm »
Ignore

Saturday, September 1st, 2012

Over 40 million American's took the time to watch Governor Mitt Romney speak at the convention, which is a solid number. He gave a solid speech - he certainly played it on the safe side. If American's base their votes on charisma, this is Obama's for the taking. Romney came across as reserved but knowledgeable, and I expect him to get a convention bounce in the polls. All in all, I think it was a very strong convention for Republicans.

RealClearPolitics National Average: September 1st
Mitt Romney/Mike Huckabee - 48.8%
Barack Obama/Joseph Biden - 45.3%

Map:
Romney - 254 Electoral Votes
Obama - 201 Electoral Votes

-Jackie Robinson
Jerseyrules
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 02:09:43 pm »
Ignore

While Obama is definitely more charismatic, his mistake would be not preparing for the debates and underestimating Romney's much-improved speeches, etc.  Provided he wins in 12, he'd be able to seriously take on Cuomo in 16, and hit a 2020 convention speech out of the park in support of Rand Paul's nomination (the last part is clearly wishful thinking; so sue me Wink)

Drink Too Much:
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=147022.0

An Empire of Stars and Stripes:

http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=156974.0

FOOL!  I AM Cathcon!

Endorsements:
President: Hillary Clinton
Governor: Brown (CA), Corbett (PA), Scott (FL)
House: Emken (CA)
Other: Rob McCoy (CA Assembly)

---------------------------------------

Libertarian Internationalist Monarchist
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout