Straight Outta Cali
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:59:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Straight Outta Cali
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Straight Outta Cali  (Read 5616 times)
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 20, 2012, 02:37:14 PM »
« edited: March 15, 2013, 10:34:05 PM by Lieutenant Governor Clinton1996 »

We can now call the California Gubernational Recall Election. George Clooney, shall defeat Arnold Schwarzenegger in the recall. We repeat, George Clooney will be the 38th Governor of California. Looks like Batman has defeated Mr.Freeze for a second time.
George Clooney Elected 38th Governor of California
George Clooney (D)- 54
Arnold Schwarzenegger (R)- 45
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 02:39:24 PM »

Small Nitpick: Santa Barbara County probably would have gone to Clooney with a margin that large. Tongue

Looks like a good start. Continue!
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 04:53:38 AM »
« Edited: March 15, 2013, 10:33:45 PM by Lieutenant Governor Clinton1996 »

When Senator Kerry lost to President Bush, talks of a Clooney run for the presidency in 2008 immediately began to surface within the media. His success as Governor had surprised many. Clooney had balanced the budget every year without raising taxes, while still channeling money to education. Job growth in the state was second only behind Virginia. And President Clooney just seemed to have a nice ring to it, but the Governor just played coy.

"Governor, as you know, the Democartic Presidential Primaries are coming up. Can you see yourself running for the presidency?"- David Letterman

"Can I see myself running? Of course Dave, anythings possible. But do I see myself running. Not really. Dave, I've always believed that if you spend your life looking at your current job as a springboard for the next one, you're not gonna get very far."- Governor Clooney

But of course he thought about it. Who wouldn't? But he knew it'd be some tough competition between Senators Clinton, Edwards, and Obama. He'd be running against those who could become the first female and black presidents. How could he compete with history? It'd take a lot of social unrest around the country for him to throw his hat in the ring. And it did. Hurricane Katrina came, and brought with it death and destruction of lives for many. The Bush Administration had handled it horribly. Then came the failure of the Iraq War and the lives lost overseas. Clooney had made his decision. He'd get re-elected in 2006 and then focus on a national campaign. And win he did, a landslide taking every county but 5. The Governor set his sights on the White House. He'd announce in Summer of 2007 amid a backdrop of flags.

"I stand here before you America, worried about the path we walk upon. We have watched as this administration bungles everything they do. We watch as abroad, our sons and daughters die for a pointless war with no end in sight and no plan. We watch as at home, our economy slips and falls, and our people drown and lose their homes from the inability to work on the part of this President. Well I'm tired of watching. It's time for a change America. And so today, I announce my candidacy for the Presidency of the United States."- Governor Clooney

As the field took shape, he saw his rivals clearly for the first time.
Senator Hillary Clinton- Junior Senator from New York and former First Lady.
Senator Barack Obama- Junior Senator from Illinois, and the second African-American to run.
Frmr. Senator John Edwards- Former Senator of North Carolina and 2004 VP Nominee.
Senator Joe Biden- Senior Senator of Delaware and Chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee.
Governor Bill Richardson- Governor of New Msico and former Energy Secretary.
Representative Dennis Kucinich- Congressman from Ohio.

Obama and Clinton would be the most competition. Clinton, as front runner, would be easiest to dislodge. He'd focus on New Hampshire, where his fiscal conservatism would help with independents and let the momentum carry him to the nomination. He was banking on Obama taking Iowa, and if he could knock Clinton off in New Hampshire, she couldn't come back. Not after losing the first to contests. Then it'd be a 2 man race.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 01:43:31 PM »

"Senator Obama shall take the Iowa Caucus. He edges out Senator Hillary Clinton 38 percent to 30 percent. Senator John Edwards follows in third with 29 percent and Governor Clooney in 4th place with 15 percent. As a note, Governor Clooney did not contest Iowa, opting out and focusing his attention on New Hampshire."

"They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come together around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do. You have done what the state of New Hampshire can do in five days. You have done what America can do in this new year, 2008."- Senator Barack Obama

The Obama campaign began surging in New Hampshire, and Clinton was falling fast. The Clooney Campaign was ready for this. They'd planned for it the year before. They would retrieve the populist supporters of Senator Edwards who began falling in public polling and barnstorm the state courting Clinton voters who were against the Iraq War. The Obama momentum began to stall, and in internals, Clooney was rising. They began to tie.

Who Do You Support in The 2008 Democratic New Hampshire Primary?
Barack Obama- 29
John Edwards- 15
George Clooney- 28
Hillary Clinton- 19

And in the final debate the night before the primary, the last punch was thrown at Clinton.

"Senator, you voted in favor of the Iraq War in 2003. And we haven't been able to clarify your position on it. Why have you switched positions?"- Wold Blitzer

"Well Wolf, when circumstances change, your views are subject to change. I recognize that Iraq is a mistake, and I would not have voted for it then, knowing what I know now."- Senator Clinton

"Senator Clinton is right. I mean when circumstances change, views change. Back then, she wasn't running for president, and now she is. Back then, Iraq was popular. A majority of Americans no longer support action in that country. But when you want to win, you need to go with the majority. So I can see why she would flip. When I ran for Governor back in 2003, I ran on a call to sanity in this country, including opposition to Iraq. Senator Obama did the same in his campaign. But if you want to win Senator, be honest with the people."- Governor Clooney

"Are you calling Senator Clinton a liar?"- Wolf Blitzer

"No, I'm calling her a Romney."- Governor Clooney

Polls conducted after the debate showed a majority believed Clooney won, and Clinton was most hurt by the exchange. And on the day of the primary, the plan worked.

"We can call the New Hampshire primary for Governor Clooney. He edges out Senator Obama by  a whopping 39 to 23. Clinton falls in a distant 3rd with 17 percent."

"America is calling for Change. We are tired of the wars and out of control spending. The rich have gotten richer and the poor got poorer. Change is coming America."- Governor Clooney

"And so, tomorrow, as we take the campaign south and west, as we learn that the struggles of the textile workers in Spartanburg are not so different than the plight of the dishwasher in Las Vegas, that the hopes of the little girl who goes to the crumbling school in Dillon are the same as the dreams of the boy who learns on the streets of L.A., we will remember that there is something happening in America, that we are not as divided as our politics suggest, that we are one people, we are one nation. And, together, we will begin the next great chapter in the American story, with three words that will ring from coast to coast, from sea to shining sea: Yes, we can."- Senator Obama

"This is over for Clinton. I suspect she will drop out between now and South Carolina. It's a two man race. Clooney and Obama. This race is gonna drag on til after Super Tuesday."- Chuck Todd

And it did. The race went on til June before Clooney clinched with the super delegate endorsements.

Clooney- 2406 Delegates
Obama- 1873 Delegates

Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 12:17:39 AM »

This is a very interesting idea, please continue Wink
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 05:41:40 PM »

This is a very interesting idea, please continue Wink
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 06:24:27 PM »
« Edited: July 23, 2012, 06:26:24 PM by Clinton1996 "You Know You Miss Your Daddy" »

John McCain, the Republican Nominee, was running neck and neck with Governor Clooney. And he minced no words in criticizing his rival.
"I congratulate Governor Clooney on his win. But do you really think this nation needs an actor as its Commander-in-Chief? I don't think so. We need to put country first."- Senator John McCain

I have great respect for Senator McCain and the service he has done for this country as a veteran and a senator, but it's time for change. John McCain will serve another Bush term. Out of control deficits., illegal and unnecessary wars, anemic job growth, and a middle class that gets the shaft. Is this what America wants for its future? Is this the Hope we have for our children?- Governor Clooney

The polls were close. No candidate had a clear lead. But then came time for the convention. The Republicans in St. Paul, Minnesota and the Democrats in Denver, Colorado. And with them, the most important choices the candidate would make.

Potential VPs for Governor Clooney
Senator Barack Obama of Illinois
Senator Hillary Clinton of New York
Senator Joe Biden of Deleware
Senator Evan Bayh of Indiana
Governor Mark Warner of Virginia
Governor Tim Kaine of Virginia
Governor Mike Beebe of Arkansas
Governor Joe Manchin of West Virginia

The Governor wanted a choice who would embody the change he seeked for Washington, and reinforce it in the minds of voters. Making history was a bonus. He thought the choice was obvious, they were never less than cordial in the primaries. The Junior Senator would happily accept.

"Ladies and Gentleman, I give you the next Vice-President of the United States, standing a 6 feet 2 inches force for Change, Senator Barack Obama!"- Governor Clooney
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 08:25:40 PM »

The Democratic National Convention kicked of in mid-August, showcasing many of the party's rising stars. But the speech that really wowed the crowd, came from VP Nominee, Barack Obama.

"But what the people heard instead - people of every creed and color, from every walk of life - is that in America, our destiny is inextricably linked. That together, our dreams can be one. "We cannot walk alone," the preacher cried. "And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall always march ahead. We cannot turn back." America, we cannot turn back. Not with so much work to be done. Not with so many children to educate, and so many veterans to care for. Not with an economy to fix and cities to rebuild and farms to save. Not with so many families to protect and so many lives to mend. America, we cannot turn back. We cannot walk alone. At this moment, in this election, we must pledge once more to march into the future. Let us keep that promise - that American promise - and in the words of Scripture hold firmly, without wavering, to the hope that we confess."- Senator Barack Obama

And then,the acceptance speech of Governor Clooney.

"Our nation is in trouble on two fronts: The American Dream is under siege at home, and America's leadership in the world has been weakened. Middle class and low-income Americans are hurting, with incomes declining; job losses, poverty and inequality rising; mortgage foreclosures and credit card debt increasing; health care coverage disappearing; and a big spike in the cost of food, utilities, and gasoline. Our position in the world has been weakened by too much unilateralism and too little cooperation; a perilous dependence on imported oil; a refusal to lead on global warming; a growing indebtedness and a dependence on foreign lenders; a severely burdened military; a backsliding on global non-proliferation and arms control agreements; and a failure to consistently use the power of diplomacy, from the Middle East to Africa to Latin America to Central and Eastern Europe. The call for change has never been so great,and the time for it is now. As one of my predecessors from back home once said, this is A Time For Choosing."- Governor George Clooney

Polling showed an immediate and unusually large bump in support for the Democratic Ticket.

If the race were held today, and the choices were Democratic Nominees George Clooney and Barack Obama, and the Republican Nominee was John McCain, for whom would you vote?
Clooney/Obama- 53
McCain/Unnamed-44

McCain needed a Game Changer. And fast.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 08:47:36 AM »

This is great! Continue.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 07:31:35 PM »

More please!  (Make this 08 close please Wink).
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 10:16:43 PM »

McCain's staff pushed for him to pick a game changer. Perhaps a minority or female who could rile up the base. But the maverick wanted someone who was ready for the job. The campaign didn't think Lieberman would make it through the convention nominating process, and the base would be alienated. They pushed for a "Game Changer." And they made their pick.
"My friends, I give you the next Vice-President of the United States, Governor Sarah Palin!"- Senator John McCain

Governor Palin wowed the convention with her acceptance speech, criticizing both Governor Clooney and Senator Obama.
"Before I became governor of the great state of Alaska... I was mayor of my hometown. And since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involved. I guess -- I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a community organizer, except that you have actual responsibilities. Is Senator Obama ready to be a heartbeat away from Commander-In-Chief? And Governor Clooney? This is a man who can give an entire speech about the wars America is fighting and never use the word "victory," except when he's talking about his own campaign. But when the cloud of rhetoric has passed, when the movie screen goes off, when the roar of the crowd fades away, when the stadium lights go out, and those Styrofoam Greek columns are hauled back to some studio lot... when that happens, what exactly is our opponent's plan? What does he actually seek to accomplish after he's done turning back the waters and healing the planet? The answer -- the answer is to make government bigger, and take more of your money, and give you more orders from Washington, and to reduce the strength of America in a dangerous world."- Governor Palin

And it worked. A new surge in enthusiasm for the McCain Campaign halted Clooney-Obama in the polls and they pulled ahead..

If the race were held today, and the choices were Democratic Nominees George Clooney and Barack Obama, and the Republican Nominee was John McCain, for whom would you vote?
Clooney/Obama- 47
McCain/Palin-49

But then came what none expected. Total Collapse.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 02:56:02 PM »
« Edited: August 11, 2012, 04:33:09 PM by Clinton1996 "You Know You Miss Your Daddy" »

Lehman Brothers Collapses. Dow Sheds 500 Points. McCain Suspends Campaign.

"Tomorrow morning, I will suspend my campaign and return to Washington after speaking at the Clinton Global Initiative. I have spoken to Governor Clooney and informed him of my decision and have asked him to join me. Following 9/11, our national leaders came together at a time of crisis. We must show that kind of patriotism now. Americans across our country lament the fact that partisan divisions in Washington have prevented us from addressing our national challenges. Now is our chance to come together to prove that Washington is once again capable of leading this country."- Senator John McCain
The campaign declined to comment on whether they would attend the first Presidnetial Debate scheduled for the following Friday. McCain rushed back to Washington and engaged in meetings with Congress and th White House. And with his intervention, the bailout bill failed.
Senator Obama then had an interview where he stated that he and Governor Clooney had agreed that the debate should happen and demanded that McCain continue the campaign.

"Uh look, the Governor believes that the debate should continue as scheduled and that both candidates be there. It is very important that we debate whats going on with the financial markets right now. Whoever wins in November will face a huge crisis. And it's important that the American people know what we're gonna do."- Democartic VP Nominee, Senator Barack Obama

With large media backlash and a failure to accomplish anything in Washington, McCain resumed campaign duties two days later, and the debate would go on as planned. The candidates went in with a huge polling gap.

If the race were held today, and the choices were Democratic Nominees George Clooney and Barack Obama, and the Republican Nominees were John McCain and Sarah Palin, for whom would you vote?
Clooney/Obama- 52
McCain/Palin-44
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2012, 03:47:44 PM »

Huh. Bit of a change from 'The fundamentals of the economy are strong'.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies