Indiana (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:57:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Indiana (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Indiana  (Read 2610 times)
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.74

« on: July 21, 2012, 12:09:41 AM »

Hasn't been a poll there since March, by some no-name pollster. Does no-one care about this state anymore, does everyone assume it will have no role in this election at all?
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 05:39:27 AM »

I'd be shocked if the state ends within 7-8 points this year.  It will almost certainly swing back to the R column, which is likely why no one is polling it.

Its strange though that a state can swing 20 points between elections, and then swing back by almost the same amount the next. I'm sure some of the swing was because of the hopey-changey stuff, but equally there are surely some underlying demographic changes meaning Indiana will stay close regardless
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 12:12:08 PM »

I have a hard time seeing Romney winning it, because of 1) the "right-to-work" garbage;
Pretty sure polling in Indiana shows the majority of people support right-to-work. It's a great policy and I would love to see it adopted nationwide.

and 2) Romney closing a factory in Marion.

McCain won the county with Marion in 2008, but I can actually see Obama winning that county in 2012 because Romney's greed affected it so much.

I love the way you call making money 'greed'. It epitomizes a lot of what is wrong with the world.

Hang on, I agree that making money should not generically be termed 'greed', but he is specifically referring to making money by closing a factory and presumably putting people out of work, and I think doing something like that to 'make money' (as opposed to saving money) definitely falls into the definition of greed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies