Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 18, 2014, 04:39:46 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  International General Discussion (Moderators: Peter, afleitch)
| | |-+  Grindr crashes seconds after first Olympic athletes start arriving in London
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Grindr crashes seconds after first Olympic athletes start arriving in London  (Read 249 times)
Lettuce and cheese salad--hold the dressing!
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2012, 12:08:24 am »
Ignore

The Sun, but still LOL:

AN ONLINE gay dating service CRASHED seconds after the first Olympic athletes touched down last week due to massive increase in demand.

The mobile phone app - Grindr - lets gay men zero in on potential partners nearby using GPRS in their phones.

Experts on the site believe the arrival of the Olympic teams on Monday sparked a flood of new customers - and crashed the service in East London.

One frustrated Londoner said: "It happened almost as soon as the teams got here.

Either loads of athletes were logging on to meet fellow Olympians or were looking to bag a local."The Grindr system obviously couldn't cope.

Users claimed the service in East London was down for 24 hours.

Founder Joel Simkhai said in Los Angeles: "I want to personally apologize to users. "I know it was frustrating. I was frustrated myself. I also rely on Grindr in my day-to-day personal life. It made me feel disconnected."Our tech team worked around the clock to solve the problems and to whip Grindr back into shape."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4443643/Gay-website-Grindr-crashes-as-Olympic-athletes-arrive-in-East-London.html

It seems like Lief's posts sometimes have a sexual tint to them. I've definitely seen references to spanking more than once.
tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -8.00

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 12:41:50 am »
Ignore

I wish I was gay men want to  women want to  with you

there's no ghosts in the graveyard, that's not where they live
they live in between a, 'what is' and 'what if?'