That was a great speech by John Kerry. We should give him another chance.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:34:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  That was a great speech by John Kerry. We should give him another chance.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: That was a great speech by John Kerry. We should give him another chance.  (Read 1025 times)
panda_priest
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 08, 2012, 05:12:25 PM »

President Hillary Clinton? Enough of this exciting candidate B.S. It never works out in the end. Why does the more interesting person win against the more credible one? Dukakis. Gore. Kerry. Even McCain looks better now after Obama's 4 year era of mediocrity. And while I disagree with Romney's policies, why is his boring personality mainly the issue? How about we elect the most intelligent, qualified and presidential candidate you know, someone who actually knows how to do their job. Woah, there's an idea. Kerry, the most intelligent candidate I've ever seen lost because he wasn't a rock star. And now the same subtle attack by the media is being leveled at Mitt Romney's personality when it should be his policies that are scrutinized. When I talk about another Kerry run most people laugh because's a knee-jerk reaction. "You mean the loser Lurch!? Hahaha." Sad. Kerry lost by 70,000 votes in what was nothing more than a popularity contest. Now there's going to be a crop of new candidates in 2016 that are "exciting", "fresh", and "hip" Like its American Idol.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 06:11:40 PM »

No chance of this actually happening, but if Kerry is picked as SoS in Obama's second term (should he win), then I imagine we will in fact get a Kerry 2016 trial balloon.  But he won't run.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 04:44:21 PM »

PLEASE run John Kerry. That'd hand the GOP the White House.
panda_priest
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 08:03:16 AM »

I would like to write Kerry a big letter about this. If he ever responded, what would he say? Probably the same as you guys. No. But if he said anything else, it would mean this. Would the pundits don't realize and what I was trying to say in my first post is that elections aren't manufactured and you can't predict them. We live in an uncertain world and anything is possible. Winning an election isn't this thing you work really hard at and achieve, its all about timing and destiny. Anyone can walk right into the white house if its they're time and the world needs them. The world does not need Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden or Chris Christie. What it needs is the right person like Ron Paul or John Kerry. Anyone can win.
JFK-Democrat
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 11:48:46 PM »

Actually both Gore and Kerry screwed up. If Gore had picked Kerry in 2000, they wouldve won New Hampshire and no need for Florida.

Kerry should've picked Gephardt in 2004 - Not John Edwards.

The bottom line is Kerry would make a good president. However, he does have the losers tag which is never a good thing.
RedPrometheus

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 05:35:22 AM »

I wonder if he could make a good vicepresidential candidate in 2016 to give the Democratic candidate more foreign policy gravitas...
GLPman
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 11:26:35 AM »

The bottom line is Kerry would make a good president. However, he does have the losers tag which is never a good thing.

And how did you arrive at this conclusion?
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 02:10:33 AM »

I agree that Kerry would make a very good president. He's intelligent, he's thoughtful, he's got the right policies. I was very happy that he won the nomination in 2004 and devastated that he lost to Bush.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies