Oh my. PPP is going to show Hovde leading Thompson in WI primary.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:10:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Oh my. PPP is going to show Hovde leading Thompson in WI primary.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Oh my. PPP is going to show Hovde leading Thompson in WI primary.  (Read 7902 times)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2012, 01:04:13 PM »

That's a dumb and bigoted gaffe, but Hovde isn't much better on the gaffe front considering he called her a Marxist not that long ago. I trust the guy who won 4 statewide landslides over someone who's never held elected office and someone else who lost twice statewide. Ron Johnson Hovde isn't.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2012, 02:50:09 PM »

That's a dumb and bigoted gaffe, but Hovde isn't much better on the gaffe front considering he called her a Marxist not that long ago. I trust the guy who won 4 statewide landslides over someone who's never held elected office and someone else who lost twice statewide. Ron Johnson Hovde isn't.

Calling Baldwin a Marxist is a bigger gaffe then saying "businesses should fire gay people for being gay"?
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2012, 03:03:08 PM »

Calling Baldwin a Marxist is a bigger gaffe then saying "businesses should fire gay people for being gay"?

I said they're both gaffe-prone. Period.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2012, 02:43:43 PM »

Its not going to be easy taking the Senate, so I want the most electable candidate possible to win, that way we can focus elsewhere this fall.
Exactly.  I wish I could channel Bill Buckley and remind you that we need to support the most conservative candidate that can win.  If you were starving on a desert island with nothing to eat but a half loaf of bread, would you complain that you don't have a full loaf and not eat it (and starve to death) or eat it?  What I'm saying is, half a loaf is better than no bread.  I support Thompson, and I really don't think that PPP polls are very reliable since they're a Democratic pollster and have been giving inflated Democrat numbers all throughout this election cycle.  But it still makes me nervous.  Thompson helped pass the first welfare to work bill in the nation and did a lot of other great things as Governor.  Why would people be calling him a RINO or a squish now?
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2012, 02:45:41 PM »

Firing folks for sexual preference is as illegal as hell, and has been for a long time.

This is currently the case only in 21 states and DC. The Dems have been trying without success to pass a national bill to this effect.

Sad but true.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2012, 02:50:25 PM »

Apparently MLS will go into the field this week. Let's see what they say.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies