Committee Membership Thread (Completed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:49:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Committee Membership Thread (Completed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Committee Membership Thread (Completed)  (Read 6399 times)
Redalgo
United States

« on: July 25, 2012, 01:31:57 PM »

Prospective GOR Committee Members

[X] Ben
[X] NC Yankee
[X] Scott
[  ] Other:

Redalgo
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 01:26:05 PM »

I declare my desire to be on the National Security Committee. My idealist, cosmopolitanist, constructionist outlook on foreign affairs would make me a decent yin to the yang that would almost certainly be the nationalism and realism of Sen. Clarence, who I quite strongly believe should be on this committee.

In my offline/RL experiences I have taken and performed excellently in university courses on world human geography, international relations, comparative political systems, international development, ethnic studies, and threat analysis - along with other courses more generally themed in the social sciences and government. I also received a certificate of accomplishment from the NYL Forum on Defense, Intelligence, and Diplomacy back in 2007. Though this all is largely irrelevant in the greater scope of things, in the setting of this game it is my suspicion that I'm more knowledgeable on matters of national security than most folks.

(Edit: ...well, at least so far as American civilians in their teens and early twenties go!)

On the other hand, being the most junior member of this Senate and having a tendency to take on radical positions unrepresentative of the majority of Atlasians from time to time, I'd of course understand if other candidates would be considered more desirable for these posts. Given my junior standing and impression that I am not the most qualified person here, however, I would have no intention of becoming the chairman of this committee anytime soon, if that is in any way of reassurance. Smile
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 07:30:55 PM »

Senators Ben, Andrew, is there any chance you would be willing to discuss your worldviews a bit as they pertain to security and international affairs? What should be our goals? How should we interact with other countries? To what extents are national sovereignty and unilateralism in policy important? I simply ask because I am more familiar with Clarence's take on some of this stuff but have not yet read posts in which you've eluded to your positions. Smile
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 08:07:04 PM »

Until I either hear back from Andrew or during the vote go snooping around for old posts of his to figure out what kind of views he has, my preferences are undecided.
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 10:49:37 AM »

Declared Candidates:

[X] Clarence
[X] Benconstine
[  ] AndrewPA
[X] Redalgo
[  ] Other:

I would also like to echo NC Yank's sentiments. :<
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 02:04:57 PM »

I concur with Andrew - Ben is the most qualified amongst our number to chair the committee.

I support his nomination to become chairman... and actually prefer to assist rather than lead.
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 10:03:17 AM »

Aye
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 10:36:35 AM »

Declared Candidates:
[X] Senator TJ in Cleve
[X] Senator Scott
[X] Senator Seatown
[  ] Other: