Office of the Attorney General - Afleitch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:49:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of the Attorney General - Afleitch
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of the Attorney General - Afleitch  (Read 572 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 23, 2012, 10:46:24 AM »

Citizens.

I have chosen to open this office to you, the public and keep you abreast of any issues that the Attorney General faces. I hope to be an active, but not aggressive AG.

The administration has introduced a bill to propose an amendment to our Constitution to be known as the Equal Rights Amendment:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It is my belief that a modern and progressive Atlasia should ensure that gender and sexual orientation should not be a barrier to any of the protections afforded to the people.

-----

It is my intention to review federal and regional law over the coming few weeks to familiarise myself with the current situation. Should any laws catch my attention I will liase with those who enacted them for clarification.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 02:35:18 PM »

Will this law protect churches from being forced to hire gays as ministers when the sect's beliefs and doctrines would be violated? Will this allow regions the sovreginity to handle marriage as they see fit?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 02:48:59 PM »

Will this law protect churches from being forced to hire gays as ministers when the sect's beliefs and doctrines would be violated? Will this allow regions the sovreginity to handle marriage as they see fit?

You know that big chunk about religious freedom that's in the constitution? That will still be there.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 02:57:02 PM »

You know that big chunk about religious freedom that's in the constitution? That will still be there.

What about the protection of regional rights as well to handle social issues as they see fit?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 03:02:35 PM »

The ammendment would seem to suggest a play a legalizing same sex marriage. Would this interpretation be correct?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 03:07:02 PM »

The ammendment would seem to suggest a play a legalizing same sex marriage. Would this interpretation be correct?

No. Marriage as a state contract was abolished federally in 2005 and replaced with civil unions. Same sex civil unions have been on the statute for seven years.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 03:18:02 PM »

Which the federal government has no authority to do. The regions, not the federal government, are supreme on this matter as it is not specifically mentioned in article 1 section 8.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 04:00:11 PM »

Which the federal government has no authority to do. The regions, not the federal government, are supreme on this matter as it is not specifically mentioned in article 1 section 8.

Roll Eyes
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 04:06:19 PM »

Roll Eyes

Read article 1 section 8 of the United States Constuition. It has NO specific statement in it regarding marriage.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 04:08:59 PM »

Roll Eyes

Read article 1 section 8 of the United States Constuition. It has NO specific statement in it regarding marriage.

Roll Eyes
Are you serious?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 04:12:49 PM »

Roll Eyes

Roll Eyes
Are you serious?

Are you serious in that the national government has rights regarding marriage policy?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 04:13:34 PM »

Roll Eyes

We... don't even go by the United States Constitution.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 04:18:25 PM »

Roll Eyes

Roll Eyes
Are you serious?

Are you serious in that the national government has rights regarding marriage policy?

I think that much is obvious.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 05:02:11 PM »

Roll Eyes

Roll Eyes
Are you serious?

So JCL is the Ruth Bader Ginsberg of Atlasia? I'd never have guessed.

I say, ATLASIA FIRST!

Comparing me to Justice Ginsburg is an insult to her and myself.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies