Opinion of Michael Bloomberg (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:32:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Michael Bloomberg (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: FF or HP?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 70

Author Topic: Opinion of Michael Bloomberg  (Read 3665 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 23, 2012, 07:50:49 PM »

Awful person.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 03:32:54 PM »

We've had to deal with overzealous politicans banning junk food in Ontario (cough, Mr. McGuinty). It, to me, is an abomination of the highest degree. It is no politician's business to overreach their "power" that far. I know this sounds narrow, but I really don't care.Stay out of our lives.

HP, almost strictly for the soda ban.

The proposed law was stupid. Not because it "meddled in lives", but because it recognized the obesity crisis yet had no real teeth to tackle the big issue. The government has a right (if not a duty due to overzealous corporate advertising) to tax/ban/discourage junk food consumption because obesity is a major contributor to rising medical costs. An obese individual does not just negatively affect their own lives: they are less productive on average, more likely to be disabled, and thus more likely to require healthcare. What's amazing is the party claiming to bring fiscal responsibility and debt reduction has so adamantly opposed efforts to combat obesity (see the criticism of Michele Obama).

Perhaps the government should just make a deal with the obese/overweight at large: no government healthcare, but they can keep their soda. Smiley

I'd probably support this deal. I tend to like ultimatums.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies