Fast forward to Iowa 2016! PPP already polling. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:40:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  Fast forward to Iowa 2016! PPP already polling. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fast forward to Iowa 2016! PPP already polling.  (Read 12291 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: July 25, 2012, 02:08:11 AM »

There is just no way Clinton would lose to the Bumbling Schweitzer. The only reason she lost in 2008 was because an eloquent orator managed to manipulate a group of idealists. The Montana governor does not have that appeal.

I could get on board a Clinton presidency.

I don't know if she'd run, but she'd be a fool not to. If you ask me, I suspect we'll be at a point in 2015 where a yes from Hillary Clinton would basically guarantee her the presidency. It's just a matter of whether or not she would want it.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 05:23:13 PM »

I always like reminding people of this, cause a surprising number don't realize it. But based on both Wikipedia and Dave Leip's numbers, Hillary Clinton actually BEAT Barack Obama in the '08 Democratic primary POPULAR VOTE. DNC rules dictate that of course, delegates, and not the actual number of votes a candidate receives, is what determines the winner of the primary. But still, it's not insignificant to note that Obama got the Democratic nomination while receiving LESS votes than his opponent.

Oh, I know. I got so much flack at my arts high school for hating Obama--and yes, I honestly just loathe him. Hillary was the right choice for the simple reason that Obama was never ready to be president.

But hackishness aside, my point is: People were not impressed with me when I brought up the fact that she actually won more votes. They all like to toot their horns about how Gore should've won in '00, but none of them are willing to accept the fact that, technically speaking, more Americans wanted Hillary to be the nominee than Obama.

If only the superdelegates had seen it that way...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies