I'm back on the Kerry bandwagon
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:30:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  I'm back on the Kerry bandwagon
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: I'm back on the Kerry bandwagon  (Read 14727 times)
NHPolitico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2004, 05:09:26 PM »

I'm happy to have you back MiamiU.  I stayed quiet before respecting your decision but I'm much happier to have you voting with us.

I always thought he'd end up holding his nose for Kerry in the booth in the end, anyway.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2004, 05:09:37 PM »

"My nation, right or wrong." -Patrick Henry said that I believe.

1) So the German citizens who didn't oppose the Nazi's can't be blamed ... right?

Sins of the fathers should not be visited against the son.  That's how we get into guilt.  Most Germans in WWII were loyal to their Fatherland, not to the Nazi Party.  As for the Nazis themselves, Oscar Schindler was a member of the Nazi Party, a war profiteer, and a total scumbag, yet he has a tree planted for him along the avenue of the righteous in Israel.  How surreal is that?  Don't start spewing that hate speech against Germans, it's so unsophisticated and uninspired.  Yes, Statesrights is correct.  cannot "blame" the average German for killing millions of Americans, french, russians, unless you actually know one who did.  And I doubt you do!  That'd be like an Iraqi blaming you for killing his brother, know what I mean?
CTguy

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2004, 05:10:10 PM »

Yeah, and I see you've earned some manners with all that money you make. It doesn't matter bud, when we both die our money will mean the same.

But poor white trash like you die much sooner than people like me.  That's why life expectancy is higher where I live.  
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2004, 05:11:42 PM »

And your point is what?
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2004, 05:12:28 PM »

1) Well we're just going to have to disagree on that one because to me "everyone's doing it" isn't an excuse.

2) President and nation are 2 seperate things.  I can love America and disagree with the President.  Ask the Republicans who disagreed so strongly with Clinton during the '90s.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2004, 05:13:53 PM »

Most of the German citizens did NOT know of the Holocaust.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2004, 05:15:03 PM »

Most of the German citizens did NOT know of the Holocaust.
what holocaust?   Wink
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2004, 05:15:31 PM »

I do not deny a holocaust.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2004, 05:19:31 PM »

All those nice Jewish people wanted to live in the Ghetto, right?  And then they all moved East, right?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2004, 05:20:02 PM »

sorry, bad joke.  But that kind of prejudism really gets under my skin.  Gov. Davis tried using it against Arnold (exactly that kind of statement) and it totally backfired and Davis saw the recall vote go from about 49ish% to 55ish% almost overnight.  Cut his own throat with his sharp intolerant tongue, if you will.  

Served him right!
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2004, 05:20:44 PM »

44 replies in 65 minutes...scary
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2004, 05:21:36 PM »

Most of them by a guy who has less brains then the zombies in the new "Dawn of the Dead" movie. lol

Thanks CTGuy.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2004, 05:23:39 PM »

Arguing has been fun but I need to grab some food.
CTguy

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2004, 05:23:54 PM »

Most of them by a guy who has less brains then the zombies in the new "Dawn of the Dead" movie. lol

Thanks CTGuy.

Comparing your intelligence to zombies is an insult to dead people everywhere.
Duke Fan
Rookie
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2004, 05:59:56 PM »

Yeah, and I see you've earned some manners with all that money you make. It doesn't matter bud, when we both die our money will mean the same.

But poor white trash like you die much sooner than people like me.  That's why life expectancy is higher where I live.  

Your not doing a whole lot to help get that northeastern elitist picture out of middle America's mind.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2004, 06:01:22 PM »

He's not trying to.  His goal is to be as obnoxious as possible.  It's always his goal.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2004, 06:38:25 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2004, 06:43:07 PM by Michael Z »

1) So the German citizens who didn't oppose the Nazi's can't be blamed ... right?

Sins of the fathers should not be visited against the son.  That's how we get into guilt.  Most Germans in WWII were loyal to their Fatherland, not to the Nazi Party.  As for the Nazis themselves, Oscar Schindler was a member of the Nazi Party, a war profiteer, and a total scumbag, yet he has a tree planted for him along the avenue of the righteous in Israel.  How surreal is that?  Don't start spewing that hate speech against Germans, it's so unsophisticated and uninspired.  Yes, Statesrights is correct.  cannot "blame" the average German for killing millions of Americans, french, russians, unless you actually know one who did.  And I doubt you do!  That'd be like an Iraqi blaming you for killing his brother, know what I mean?

By the way Angus, have you read my apology to you in the London Times thread? Sorry I went off on you like that, but as you know irony doesn't always travel too well on the internet... let's just say you caught me at a bad moment.
CTguy

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2004, 06:40:05 PM »

Your not doing a whole lot to help get that northeastern elitist picture out of middle America's mind.

And when you are unable to spell "You're" correctly repeatedly, you are not doing a whole lot to get the image of Dirty Dumb Uneducated Southern Redneck Trash out of Real America's minds.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2004, 06:41:47 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2004, 06:42:08 PM by Michael Z »

CTguy, please stop with the insults. If you want to vent anger please do it somewhere else, this isn't the place for it.
CTguy

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2004, 06:45:44 PM »

CTguy, please stop with the insults. If you want to vent anger please do it somewhere else, this isn't the place for it.

Hahaha, you must have jumped over Mr. Southern White Trash's Zombie comment.  
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2004, 06:47:14 PM »

That was stating a fact, not an insult. You ought to be able to tell the difference between objective criticism and subjective insults with your education.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2004, 06:47:58 PM »

Two wrongs don't make a right. And a game of "he started it" is just silly.
CTguy

« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2004, 06:52:46 PM »

That was stating a fact, not an insult. You ought to be able to tell the difference between objective criticism and subjective insults with your education.

A statement of fact...  hmm lets see, I have a BA from Yale and a Masters from NYU in Economics.  He is a dirty redneck from the South who makes half what I do...  No he isn't anywhere near as intelligent as me, it was an insult, not fact.  Your comment was an insult to your own intelligence.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2004, 06:58:26 PM »

A statement of fact...  hmm lets see, I have a BA from Yale and a Masters from NYU in Economics.  He is a dirty redneck from the South who makes half what I do...  No he isn't anywhere near as intelligent as me, it was an insult, not fact.  Your comment was an insult to your own intelligence.

He was stating the fact that you're an idiot, which you can be even though you went to Yale...I go to aa high grade school and close to half the people there are idiots...and he has made intelligent posts, you haven's. PLain and simple.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2004, 07:09:47 PM »

By the way Angus, have you read my apology to you in the London Times thread? Sorry I went off on you like that, but as you know irony doesn't always travel too well on the internet... let's just say you caught me at a bad moment.

These things happen.  This sensitivity is a shortcoming you and I share.  No, I haven't looked at the Times thread, but I'll take a look now.  You musn't let CTguy get under your skin, either.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies